License Primary Users (i.e. License Admins) can add invite users to their License Team (License Contact list) or remove them from the list on their account’s Subscription page. From this screen, they can also manage users’ licensing and maintenance notifications. Once a user has been added, they can see license usage data and manage other members of the License Team.
Note: This process is specifically for license/subscription management and is different from adding a user to your organization for Portal access. For instructions on that separate workflow, see: How do I manage Portal users (Admin access only)?
This feature is available to License Administrators on both self-service trials and paid customer accounts.
1. Log in to your www.appdynamics.com account. Click on your name in the top right click Subscriptions.
2. For accounts with more than one license: Select a license to manage.
3. Click Invite Team Members under the License Contacts section.
4. In the invitation box, enter the comma-separated email addresses for the users you want to add. Optionally, include a message and tick the notification types required for the users (you can change these later).
5. Click Invite. This sends out an invitation link to the email addresses indicated.
6. When the recipient clicks the invitation link, they will be registered to the account and taken to the Subscription page. If they do not have an existing Portal account, they will need to complete the Sign Up form, after which they are redirected to the license subscription page. If they already have a Portal account (e.g., an account from a previous self-service trial), they’ll be prompted to log in to their existing account. For more details on accepting an invite, click here.
7. To view a pending invite, select View Sent Invites. Once a recipient has accepted the invite and created their account, their status will change to “Accepted” and will appear in the list of License Contacts. Additionally, any user that accepts their invitation will be shown on the company user list, which is available to Company Admin users.
8. For auditing purposes, you can see a list of how a user was added by clicking License contacts history.
The ability to manage License Contacts is available for enterprise License Primary Users and License Additional Users (License Contacts).
You can associate an existing user from your company to the current license subscription. This means that the user already exists in your company and doesn’t need to be invited as a new user. You are simply associating that existing user to your License Contact list. You will only have this option if you are part of a paid AppDynamics account.
1. Click Manage License Contacts.
2. Click Associate existing contacts.
3. In the window that opens, choose the contact(s) you want to associate.
4. (Optional) Select the notification settings for the user.
5. Click Save user(s).
From the Manage License Contact listing, check or uncheck the corresponding notification checkbox for the user.
To remove a user, click the Remove User link for the specific User. On the confirmation box, click OK.
There are two notification types: