cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getter chain spilt rule for data collector

Jubin.Patel
Voyager

Hello,

Is there is any way where we can split "00" & "Success.... " from response message:

[00|Successful Transaction|****3672915|***********]

Please suggest.

8 REPLIES 8

Jubin.Patel
Voyager

Hello Team,

For one of the MIDC configured on class / method for parameter 0 we are getting 

[123456, 123456, 123456, 123456, 123456, 123456] 

Now, if we want only one value rather than the entire value. Is it possible to do with getter chain split rules.

Any suggestions please.

Hi,

I am trying to set up the same thing myself..did you get an answer on this?

Hello @Jubin.Patel @Sean.Davey 

I found this KB article that I think may help shed some insight on your question.

https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-format-a-getter-chain-split-rule-in-the...

If that article is helpful, please do share any learnings you gained back on this post to help others who may have the same question.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi Ryan

I have tried to set it up using this information from that KB before but cant seem to get it to work.  What should we use as the getter string to pull out the first value.  The KB is used for an Array as opposed to a single string with the same value separated by commas

Thanks

Hi @Sean.Davey,

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry that link didn't fully help. Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to that, let's see if the community can jump in and help out. 

If you happen to find any new information on this, please do share your learnings back on the post. This helps grow the community's knowledge bank of answers. 

Thanks,

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Hi @Ryan.Paredez 

Where else can I search to find if others have done this.  This seems like it should be a fairly easy set up but I cant find any documentation on it anywhere else in the community, KB or discussion pages.   

Thanks

Hi @Sean.Davey,

You have searched all the places that it would be found in AppD hosted places. If I happen to find anything that will be helpful, I will share it here, please try and do the same if you can.

Thanks,

Hi there

You should be able to cast to a string and do a split, which should remove everything after the first comma

toString().split(,).[0] or toString().split(,).[1]

Should be one of the 2 above, don't have my notes with me to validate:)

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A