cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community access restored to most members

I've been able to make some changes to restore community engagement access to most members.

Follow the blog post for up to date information

We thank you for your patience while we get this fixed

Agent is not getting instaniated

vinodkar87
New Poster

Our application is Play 2.5.8 which use activator to run/compile.  I installed the controller in my localhost and can view the controller dashboard.  I downloaded the agent AppServerAgent-4.3.0.2, extracted and added the  javaagent javaoptoin in my application build.sbt 

javaOptions in run += "-javaagent:/Appdynamics/AppServerAgent-4.3.0.2/javaagent.jar"

When i start the application, no logs are generated in the agent and also agent is not displaying in dashboard

Then tried to add the running JVM

java -Xbootclasspath/a:"C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_112/lib/tools.jar" -jar /Appdynamics/AppServerAgent-4.3.0.2/javaagent.jar 28900

I'm getting below error

Attaching to VM [26536]
java.util.ServiceConfigurationError: com.sun.tools.attach.spi.AttachProvider: Provider sun.tools.attach.WindowsAttachProvider could not be instantiated
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.AgentEntryPoint.main(AgentEntryPoint.java:753)
Caused by: com.sun.tools.attach.AttachNotSupportedException: no providers installed
at com.sun.tools.attach.VirtualMachine.attach(VirtualMachine.java:203)
... 5 more
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.AgentEntryPoint.main(AgentEntryPoint.java:767)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.AgentEntryPoint.main(AgentEntryPoint.java:753)
Caused by: com.sun.tools.attach.AttachNotSupportedException: no providers installed
... 5 more

Please help me to configure this

7 REPLIES 7

Jean-Baptiste.Marzolf
AppDynamics Team (Retired)
The option for AppDynamics agent is -javaagent not -jar

prabhakar7691
Voyager

Hi Vinod,

i am getting same problem while attaching agent to running JVM.

Could you please help if you resolved issue earlier.

C:\Windows\system32> java -Xbootclasspath/a:"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_131\lib\tools.jar" -jar "C:\appagent\ver4.2.0.0\javaagent.jar" 2872
Attaching to VM [2872]
java.util.ServiceConfigurationError: com.sun.tools.attach.spi.AttachProvider: Provider sun.tools.attach.WindowsAttachProvider could not be instantiated
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.AgentEntryPoint.main(AgentEntryPoint.java:658)
... 5 more

Any response to this?

Hi,

I came to know to about an issue, i ran the command differnet server thats why exception generated

What is the means of different server i am also getting same please help me

rahul.chandwadkar
Adventurer

have Also observed same error. please help to resolve this and connect the java agent to AppDynamics.

Any update on this ( connect of java agent to AppDynamics), am stuck due to this & unable to use AppDynamics for java resources.