cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message during machine agent installation

José.Alves
Creator

Hello,

I've received the following error message when I try to start the machine agent on Windows Server 2012.

Wed Nov 28 17:20:43 CET 2018
com.google.inject.CreationException: Unable to create injector, see the following errors:

1) Explicit bindings are required and java.lang.String annotated with @com.google.inject.name.Named(value=defaultGlobalXmlConfigFile) is not explicitly bound.
while locating java.lang.String annotated with @com.google.inject.name.Named(value=defaultGlobalXmlConfigFile)
for parameter 4 at com.appdynamics.agent.sim.configuration.bootstrap.BootstrapConfigurationProvider.<init>(BootstrapConfigurationProvider.java:49)
at com.appdynamics.agent.sim.configuration.bootstrap.BootstrapConfigurationModule.configure(BootstrapConfigurationModule.java:66)

1 error
at com.google.inject.internal.Errors.throwCreationExceptionIfErrorsExist(Errors.java:466)
at com.google.inject.internal.InternalInjectorCreator.initializeStatically(InternalInjectorCreator.java:155)
at com.google.inject.internal.InternalInjectorCreator.build(InternalInjectorCreator.java:107)
at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:96)
at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:73)
at com.appdynamics.voltron.FrameworkBootstrap.createInjector(FrameworkBootstrap.java:107)
at com.appdynamics.voltron.FrameworkBootstrap.start(FrameworkBootstrap.java:162)
at com.appdynamics.voltron.FrameworkBootstrap.startAndRun(FrameworkBootstrap.java:120)
at com.appdynamics.voltron.FrameworkApplication.start(FrameworkApplication.java:31)
at com.appdynamics.agent.sim.Main.startSafe(Main.java:61)
at com.appdynamics.agent.sim.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:45)

Could you help me with this problem?

Best regards,

José

8 REPLIES 8

Harrison.Clark
Builder

What version of the Machine Agent are you trying to install? I'm trying to update my machine agents to the most recent version (4.5.5.1784) and I'm getting the same thing.

I tried 4.5.6, which was released today and I get the same thing. I just went back to 4.5.4 and that one is working now.

I installed the version 4.5.5.1784 of the machine agent. After downgrading to version 4.5.2.1611 it solved my issue .

I am getting same error in later versions also.

What is the solution?

AppDynamics Controller build 4.5.4.6296

Agent Version: 4.5.6

[INFO] Agent logging directory set to: [C:\AppD_MCAG-4.5.6]

[main] INFO Version: HV000001: Hibernate Validator 5.3.2.Final

Could not start up the machine agent due to: Explicit bindings are required and java.lang.String annotated with @com.google.inject.name.Named(value=defaultGlobalXmlConfigFile) is not explicitely bound.

Please see startup.log in the current working directory for details.

Mark.Prichard
AppDynamics Team

Hi Jose,

There is a bug in the Machine Agent version 4.5.4 that causes this error on Windows Server 2012 R2  - it was triaged and fixed in the latest version (4.5.7).  It appears to be OS-specific, as we were not able to reproduce it on Windows Server 2016.  Apologies for the incovenience: please upgrade to the latest version of the Machine Agent, available from the download site and the issue should be fixed.

Best Regards, Mark Prichard

Seniro Director, Product Management 

Please see my reply to the original post - this bug was fixed in the latest (4.5.7) version of the Machine Agent, so you could also upgrade to that version.  Apologies for the inconvenience.

Hello,

We are seeing same error in machine agent installation on windows server , agent version - 22.12.0.3535 . Could anyone please advice here

ldndsm020013676==> [system-thread-0] 30 Mar 2023 12:55:44,884 WARN RegistrationTask - Encountered error during registration. Will retry in 60 seconds.
ldndsm020013676==> [main] 30 Mar 2023 13:00:04,187 WARN FrameworkBootstrap - Failed to start framework
com.google.inject.CreationException: Unable to create injector, see the following errors:

1) Could not read configuration file D:\Appd\machineagent-64bit-windows-22.12.0.3535\conf\controller-info.xml
while locating com.appdynamics.agent.sim.configuration.bootstrap.BootstrapConfigurationProvider
at com.appdynamics.agent.sim.configuration.bootstrap.BootstrapConfigurationModule.configure(BootstrapConfigurationModule.java:71)
while locating com.appdynamics.agent.sim.configuration.bootstrap.BootstrapConfiguration annotated with @com.appdynamics.voltron.utils.annotations.Raw()
for the 1st parameter of com.appdynamics.agent.sim.configuration.bootstrap.ClearTextBootstrapConfiguration.<init>(ClearTextBootstrapConfiguration.java:51)
while locating com.appdynamics.agent.sim.configuration.bootstrap.ClearTextBootstrapConfiguration
at com.appdynamics.agent.sim.configuration.bootstrap.BootstrapConfigurationModule.configure(BootstrapConfigurationModule.java:76)
while locating com.appdynamics.agent.sim.configuration.bootstrap.BootstrapConfiguration
for the 1st parameter of com.appdynamics.agent.sim.client.ControllerUrlProvider.<init>(ControllerUrlProvider.java:24)
while locating com.appdynamics.agent.sim.client.ControllerUrlProvider
at com.appdynamics.voltron.rest.client.FeignClientBuilderModule.configure(FeignClientBuilderModule.java:110) (via modules: com.appdynamics.agent.sim.client.ControllerClientModule -> com.appdynamics.agent.sim.client.ControllerClientBuilderModule)
while locating java.lang.String annotated with @com.appdynamics.voltron.rest.client.RestClientBaseUrl()
for the 1st parameter of com.appdynamics.voltron.rest.client.DefaultFeignServiceFactory.<init>(DefaultFeignServiceFactory.java:26)
while locating com.appdynamics.voltron.rest.client.DefaultFeignServiceFactory
at com.appdynamics.voltron.rest.client.FeignClientBuilderModule.configure(FeignClientBuilderModule.java:123) (via modules: com.appdynamics.agent.sim.client.ControllerClientModule -> com.appdynamics.agent.sim.client.ControllerClientBuilderModule)
while locating com.appdynamics.voltron.rest.client.FeignServiceFactory annotated with @com.google.inject.name.Named(value=ControllerClient)
while locating com.appdynamics.voltron.rest.client.FeignServiceFactory
for the 1st parameter of com.appdynamics.voltron.rest.client.RestClientProvider.setServiceFactory(RestClientProvider.java:35)
at com.appdynamics.voltron.rest.client.FeignClientServicesModule$ClientService.configure(FeignClientServicesModule.java:179) (via modules: com.appdynamics.agent.sim.client.ControllerClientModule -> com.appdynamics.agent.sim.client.ControllerClientServicesModule -> com.appdynamics.voltron.rest.client.FeignClientServicesModule$ClientService)

Hello Ajmera,

Noticed that AppD MA unable to read info from D:\Appd\machineagent-64bit-windows-22.12.0.3535\conf\controller-info.xml. Please check the details which you have updated in the controller-info.xml file.

It should have your AppDynamics SaaS URL, port number, Account key, Account Name, Host Name. Please correct it and update us whether it fixed the issue.

Thanks,

Selvaganesh E