cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DexArchiveBuilderTask causing high build times in debug builds

Red.Bean
New Poster

Hello,

i'm looking for a way to reduce or even stop AppDynamics from building the DexArchiveBuilderTask/ DexBuilderDebug task during debug builds which is causing a bottle neck in every single Gradle build. 

I've added the flag false but AppDynamic seems to still trigger the dex builder. 

adeum {
enabledForDebugBuilds = false
}

problem:  Dex builder runs every time during debug build

// ./gradlew build

:app:myexample:dexBuilderDebug
Duration: 102s / 30%
Type: com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.DexArchiveBuilderTask
Task Execution Categories: Uncategorized

Warnings
no warnings found

Reason task ran
Input property 'mixedScopeClasses` file /Users/****/build/intermediates/transform/AppDynamics/debug/349.jar has changed
Input property 'mixedScopeClasses` file /Users/****/build/intermediates/transform/AppDynamics/debug/501/com/appdynamics/...BuildInfo.class has changed

I'd appreciate any suggestion on how to achieve this as it's causing a large amount of build times during debug builds. 

regards,

Red

2 REPLIES 2

Claudia.Landivar
Community Manager

Hi, @Red.Bean 

In conversation here, the advice I'm getting is for you to open a Support ticket. The team would need to do more debuggging to get to the bottom of things.

Claudia Landivar
Community Manager & Editor

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Red.Bean,

I asked around and found some info for you. 

1. Check out the release notes for the Android agent here: https://docs.appdynamics.com/appd/23.x/23.4/en/product-and-release-announcements/release-notes#id-.R...

A new way to disable the instrumentation that is going to speed up the build. “DisabledForBuildTypes” is the name of the property and the speed improvement will come only with AGP >= 7.4. 

23.6 should be coming out soon to address issues with 23.4.1
Keep an eye on the release notes page for new releases 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.