cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone able to monitor .NET SignalR transactions/performance in Azure

Nick.Wade
Creator

We recently stood up our first app in Azure but I came to learn that our developers are using SignalR for communication and page-to-page transitions so our AppD agent doesn't pick these up.  For the frontend of the app, in AppD all I see are calls to the /_Host segment and nothing else.

Has anyone else been able to monitor SignalR communications page views with the .NET core agent on Azure?

2 REPLIES 2

Mario.Morelli
Architect

Hi There

I don't think SignalR is supported OOB.

However please enable the find entry points node setting on the relevant nodes, to log the potential entry Classes/Methods.

Drive load through the application for 15-30 minutes, then view the Business Transaction Log, which should output some candidates for creation of POCO entry points.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

Thank you for the response.  It did help to see how the code flows and once I saw that I was able to do a class/method instrumentation of the calls that were missing and they showed up as I wanted.

On a side note, this process that I had to follow didn't get a lot of fans from our development team.  They indicated that we shouldn't have to know the class/methods for their code for it to be instrumented.  While I see where they are coming from, if SignalR isn't supported right now we have to do it.