cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine agent fails to start with Pro trial license. Unsuccessful leasing a Server Monitoring license

andrei.abstracta
Explorer

Hi,

I'm trying to install a machine agent on a server.

I followed all the steps to do the configuration and installation of the agent properly but when I try to start the agent it stops after send the line: [INFO] Agent logging directory set to:[C:\Users\user\Downloads\machineagent-bundle-64bit-windows-4.4.3.1214], and if I look at the machine-agent.log I see the following message:

[main] 08 ago 2018 15:12:01,036 INFO FlexibleX509TrustManager - Using default keystore for SSL certificate validation.
[main] 08 ago 2018 15:12:01,352 INFO HostIdProvider - Default Host Identifier Resolver using host name for unique host identifier [VMWIN10-59]
[ConfigExecutor-0] 08 ago 2018 15:12:03,793 INFO SecondStageFeaturesListener - Dynamic monitoring feature is disabled in configuration, hence machine agent sends all metrics irrespective of the monitoring mode requested
[system-thread-0] 08 ago 2018 15:12:04,137 INFO SecondStageSystem - Starting main system with features Features(features=[], reason=Features.Reason(message=Unsuccessful leasing a Server Monitoring license, code=License Lease Failed))
[Thread-1] 08 ago 2018 15:31:58,973 INFO SecondStageSystem - Stopping main system with features Features(features=[], reason=Features.Reason(message=Unsuccessful leasing a Server Monitoring license, code=License Lease Failed)).
[main] 08 ago 2018 15:32:57,642 INFO FlexibleX509TrustManager - Using default keystore for SSL certificate validation.
[main] 08 ago 2018 15:33:05,736 INFO HostIdProvider - Default Host Identifier Resolver using host name for unique host identifier [VMWIN10-59]
[ConfigExecutor-0] 08 ago 2018 15:33:12,377 INFO SecondStageFeaturesListener - Dynamic monitoring feature is disabled in configuration, hence machine agent sends all metrics irrespective of the monitoring mode requested
[system-thread-0] 08 ago 2018 15:33:13,002 INFO SecondStageSystem - Starting main system with features Features(features=[], reason=Features.Reason(message=Unsuccessful leasing a Server Monitoring license, code=License Lease Failed))
[Thread-1] 08 ago 2018 15:35:57,532 INFO SecondStageSystem - Stopping main system with features Features(features=[], reason=Features.Reason(message=Unsuccessful leasing a Server Monitoring license, code=License Lease Failed)).

If I set the "sim-enabled" property to false, the machine agent starts successfully, but it doesn't show any metrics in the appdynamics console...

I have the Pro trial License on "Machine Agents" but not in "Server Visibility". What does it mean? What am I able to see with this trial License?

Thanks in advance.

^ Edits made by @Ryan.Paredez for clarity and formatting

1 REPLY 1

Hi,

Machine agent license is different from Server Visibility license. From the log, I can say that License Leased failed. What do you have in you config.xml? <sim-enabled>true<sim-enabled>? if it is the case, you need server visibility license, which is different from machine agent license.

Try <sim-enabled>false<sim-enabled>, restart the agent, you will see agent reporting to controller (use can also notice machine agent license is consumed)

If you use <sim-enabled>true<sim-enabled>, you will notice machine agent license is released and server visibility license is being consumed.

hope this helps

Thanks

Sandeep

On-Demand Webinar
Discover new Splunk integrations and AI innovations for Cisco AppDynamics.

Register Now!

Observe and Explore
Dive into our Community Blog for the Latest Insights and Updates!

Read the blog here
Top Kudoed Authors