cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine agent fails to start with Pro trial license. Unsuccessful leasing a Server Monitoring license

andrei.abstracta
Explorer

Hi,

I'm trying to install a machine agent on a server.

I followed all the steps to do the configuration and installation of the agent properly but when I try to start the agent it stops after send the line: [INFO] Agent logging directory set to:[C:\Users\user\Downloads\machineagent-bundle-64bit-windows-4.4.3.1214], and if I look at the machine-agent.log I see the following message:

[main] 08 ago 2018 15:12:01,036 INFO FlexibleX509TrustManager - Using default keystore for SSL certificate validation.
[main] 08 ago 2018 15:12:01,352 INFO HostIdProvider - Default Host Identifier Resolver using host name for unique host identifier [VMWIN10-59]
[ConfigExecutor-0] 08 ago 2018 15:12:03,793 INFO SecondStageFeaturesListener - Dynamic monitoring feature is disabled in configuration, hence machine agent sends all metrics irrespective of the monitoring mode requested
[system-thread-0] 08 ago 2018 15:12:04,137 INFO SecondStageSystem - Starting main system with features Features(features=[], reason=Features.Reason(message=Unsuccessful leasing a Server Monitoring license, code=License Lease Failed))
[Thread-1] 08 ago 2018 15:31:58,973 INFO SecondStageSystem - Stopping main system with features Features(features=[], reason=Features.Reason(message=Unsuccessful leasing a Server Monitoring license, code=License Lease Failed)).
[main] 08 ago 2018 15:32:57,642 INFO FlexibleX509TrustManager - Using default keystore for SSL certificate validation.
[main] 08 ago 2018 15:33:05,736 INFO HostIdProvider - Default Host Identifier Resolver using host name for unique host identifier [VMWIN10-59]
[ConfigExecutor-0] 08 ago 2018 15:33:12,377 INFO SecondStageFeaturesListener - Dynamic monitoring feature is disabled in configuration, hence machine agent sends all metrics irrespective of the monitoring mode requested
[system-thread-0] 08 ago 2018 15:33:13,002 INFO SecondStageSystem - Starting main system with features Features(features=[], reason=Features.Reason(message=Unsuccessful leasing a Server Monitoring license, code=License Lease Failed))
[Thread-1] 08 ago 2018 15:35:57,532 INFO SecondStageSystem - Stopping main system with features Features(features=[], reason=Features.Reason(message=Unsuccessful leasing a Server Monitoring license, code=License Lease Failed)).

If I set the "sim-enabled" property to false, the machine agent starts successfully, but it doesn't show any metrics in the appdynamics console...

I have the Pro trial License on "Machine Agents" but not in "Server Visibility". What does it mean? What am I able to see with this trial License?

Thanks in advance.

^ Edits made by @Ryan.Paredez for clarity and formatting

1 REPLY 1

Hi,

Machine agent license is different from Server Visibility license. From the log, I can say that License Leased failed. What do you have in you config.xml? <sim-enabled>true<sim-enabled>? if it is the case, you need server visibility license, which is different from machine agent license.

Try <sim-enabled>false<sim-enabled>, restart the agent, you will see agent reporting to controller (use can also notice machine agent license is consumed)

If you use <sim-enabled>true<sim-enabled>, you will notice machine agent license is released and server visibility license is being consumed.

hope this helps

Thanks

Sandeep