Latest Release

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to instrument Redis via APM with Java agents to get a visual representation of transactions?

Creator

Is it possible to instrument Redis via APM with Java agents to get a visual representation of transactions?

I know there is an extension for Redis metrics, but is it possible to instrument Redis via APM using java agent or other agent to get a visual representation of the transcations as you do with any .net or standard java application? I'm not seeing that you can.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
AppDynamics Team

Re: Is it possible to instrument Redis via APM with Java agents to get a visual representation of transactions?

Hi. According to what I'm seeing, Redis is written in C, so we could not instrument it with an APM agent. 

Highlighted
Builder

Re: Is it possible to instrument Redis via APM with Java agents to get a visual representation of transactions?

Highlighted
Wanderer

I understand that instrumentation of redis itself is not possible as it is written in "C".

But isn´t it possible to see redis calls as a "Remote Service" like Kafka-Topics, HTTP-Requests or called Webservices to get generell statistics for these calls (calls, errors, resp-time) gathered by the java-agent?

Maybe there is a way to add manual instrumentation for this?