Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error while Installing the Cluster Agent with the Kubernetes CLI

Loganathan.T
Producer

I am trying to Install the Cluster Agent with the Kubernetes CLI

I am getting the below error 

#kubectl create -f cluster-agent.yaml
error: error validating "cluster-agent.yaml": error validating data: [ValidationError(Clusteragent.spec): unknown field "account" in com.appdynamics.v1alpha1.Clusteragent.spec, ValidationError(Clusteragent.spec): unknown field "appName" in com.appdynamics.v1alpha1.Clusteragent.spec, ValidationError(Clusteragent.spec): unknown field "controllerUrl" in com.appdynamics.v1alpha1.Clusteragent.spec, ValidationError(Clusteragent.spec): unknown field "serviceAccountName" in com.appdynamics.v1alpha1.Clusteragent.spec]; if you choose to ignore these errors, turn validation off with --validate=false

When i change the apiVersion: appdynamics.com/v1

kubectl create -f cluster-agent.yaml
error: resource mapping not found for name: "k8s-cluster-agent" namespace: "appdynamics" from "cluster-agent.yaml": no matches for kind "Clusteragent" in version "appdynamics.com/v1"
ensure CRDs are installed first

Please help me to resolve this

kubectl version

Client Version: v1.24.0
Kustomize Version: v4.5.4
Server Version: v1.22.6

2 REPLIES 2

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Loganathan.T,

I'm going to do more searching for those errors. In the meantime, I wanted to share our AppD Docs page on installing Cluster Agents: https://docs.appdynamics.com/22.5/en/infrastructure-visibility/monitor-kubernetes-with-the-cluster-a...

Let me know if those offered any help in the meantime.

Best,

Ryan

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Thank you @Ryan.Paredez 

I am able to install cluster agent by using helm charts method. Followed the link you have provided

https://docs.appdynamics.com/22.5/en/infrastructure-visibility/monitor-kubernetes-with-the-cluster-a...

I got the error 

Error: INSTALLATION FAILED: rendered manifests contain a resource that already exists. Unable to continue with install: APIService "v1beta1.metrics.k8s.io" in namespace "" exists and cannot be imported into the current release: invalid ownership metadata; label validation error: missing key "app.kubernetes.io/managed-by": must be set to "Helm"; annotation validation error: missing key "meta.helm.sh/release-name": must be set to "appdclusteragent"; annotation validation error: missing key "meta.helm.sh/release-namespace": must be set to "appdynamics"

Since the Metrics server already installed by default in AKS, i am unable to install it. So i disabled it in the values-ca1.yam as below

# Subcharts boolean install switches
install:
metrics-server: false

Now Cluster Agent is reporting to the Controller. Thank for the support.