cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue registering a cluster agent to the controller.

Gustavo.Marconi
Builder

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to monitor a demo web app deployed with Kubernetes, but even following the documentation I end up short in that pursue, the web app consiste in 4 containers, all running properly on a Ubuntu Server 24.04, using MicroK8s and kubectl.

I followed this guide in the documentation:
https://docs.appdynamics.com/appd/24.x/latest/en/infrastructure-visibility/monitor-kubernetes-with-t...

Everything was clear for the seven steps, but I have to point it out that in the step 6, the YML example is showing the port 8080 for the controllerUrl, and since I have the SaaS version, I changed it to 443.

When I validate the installation noticed that the cluster agent was not registered, so I started following the troubleshooting docs, when I retrieve the logs for the namespace with the operator and the cluster-agent I checked the following error:
[ERROR]: 2024-07-03 15:52:57 - secretconfig.go:68 - Problem With Getting /opt/appdynamics/cluster-agent/secret-volume/api-user Secret: open /opt/appdynamics/cluster-agent/secret-volume/api-user: no such file or directory
I don't know why is searching for that specific path and in which moment should I create or where to find that api-user, that was not in the docs.

So I'll be really thankful if someone could help me with this issue.

Hope everybody have a nice day.

Regards

1 REPLY 1

Rajesh.Ganapavarapu
AppDynamics Team

Hello @Gustavo.Marconi,

Thank you for contacting us.

Looks like the access key is not setup properly. Can you please confirm if you have created the access key correctly ?

You can run the below command and check if you have setup the access key  or not.

kubectl get secret cluster-agent-secret -n appdynamics -o jsonpath='{.data.controller-key}' | base64 --decode

Also can you please confirm the agent version and the operator version that you're deploying ?

If you are using lessthan 23.11 version I would recommend you to dopwnload the latest version.

Could you please follow below:

1. Download the latest version if the current version is 23.11 or less.
  2. Delete old Controller Access Key Secret:
  3. Create Controller Access Key Secret:
     kubectl -n appdynamics create secret generic cluster-agent-secret --from-literal=controller-key=<access-key>

Give a try and let me know how it goes.

Happy Friday and weekend.

Best Regards,
Rajesh Ganapavarapu

On-Demand Webinarr
Discover new Splunk integrations and AI innovations for Cisco AppDynamics.

Register Now!

Observe and Explore
Dive into our Community Blog for the Latest Insights and Updates!

Read the blog here