cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS generated App Key is empty or nil

Hi,

I am trying to get an App Key from your Controller:

I tried the step 3 in the wizard: by selecting Install the iOS Agent and selected the option Auto-generate a new Mobile App Group 

After loading it generates the code snippet in the controller but it doesn't have an app key in the code snippet.

FYI I am using the sample app for running and exploring the AppD. To use the sample app I need to have an app key to keep it in appdelegate but here in the controller by generating it's getting empty. Is there any process or steps involved to generate?

ADEumAgentConfiguration *config = [[ADEumAgentConfiguration alloc] initWithAppKey:@" "];

^ Post edited by @Ryan.Paredez for formatting and searchability

10 REPLIES 10

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @sairam.agireeshetti,

Thanks for asking your question on the community. Have you checked out this AppD Docs page?

https://docs.appdynamics.com/21.10/en/end-user-monitoring/mobile-real-user-monitoring/instrument-ios...

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

No Its not helpful ....

In step 2  it says 

In the AppDelegate class didFinishLaunchingWithOptions, create an ADEumAgentConfiguration object with the EUM App Key that you received when completing the Getting Started Wizard to initialize the iOS Agent.

Here in when my not seeing any app key in code from Getting Started Wizard . Its is empty "" ,  How to get this and where if not from here . Its not generating  as instructed . 

ASAP Please can you assign someone I need to demo the AppD to my leadership to implement in my native application . 

erroreumkey.png

Hi Sairam,

Can you confirm the following?

• Did you get a red pop up on the top right of the screen and what was the message?
  • If you try again do you have the option of selecting an existing mobile app group at step 3?
  • Are you selecting Objective-C or Swift in step 1?

Lastly in the mean time ... Please try the getting started using the android flow and use the appkey generated instead of the ios flow. If none are generated - please let us know the same.

Aboubacar Traore

Hi 

Tried to generate from android also  same its empty .

1. Yes getting red pop up on the right top corner attaching screen shot i.e, name is  not specified .

2.Yes I have option of selecting existing in # 3 step .

3.swift( FYI tried objective -c also same issue ) 

Please suggest me if I am doing anything wrong .....

Thanks 

Sai Ram 

Hi 

Tried to generate it from android. It's empty in the code snippet.errorAPPD1.png

1. Yes getting red pop up on the right top corner attaching screenshot i.e, the name is not specified.

2. Yes I have the option of selecting existing in the 3rd step.

3. swift( FYI tried objective -c also same issue ) 

Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong...

Thanks 

Sai Ram 

Can you please check the above response?

My management is Waiting for a response.

Hi Sairam,

Unfortunately it seems something is wrong with your environment. I will try to find the right internal team to address it but it will take some time.

I will update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Abou

Aboubacar Traore

Sure I will wait for assistance with this issue.

Let me know whenever someone is available?

Thanks 

Sairam

Hi @sairam.agireeshetti,

Can you provide me with this information where it makes sense.

• OS version
  • Agent version
  • App Language version
  • Cloud Provider (if applicable) 
  • Cloud Provider version (if applicable) 
  • Bitness (64 or 32) bit. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.