cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export the status code and ajax error code from browser snapshot data for analytics purpose?

I am trying to export the status code and ajax error code in user experience from browser snapshot data of respective requests for our analytics purpose? Is there any way to do this?

I tried with multiple options but am not sure how will be able to export these.

I have used analytics API as an alternative to fetch these values but I see ajax error value is always captured null for all the requests on the analytics level.

DhirajChoudhary_0-1628651746527.jpeg

You can see above our requirement is to just capture this status code and ajax error code for the respective API.

Please help me with this.

15 REPLIES 15

Hiroki.Ito
AppDynamics Team

Thank you for posting to the community.
Unfortunately, browser snapshot data cannot be exported.

However, data collected by browser RUM can be exported from the web analyze page.

From there, you can export AJAX Error data although http status code doesn't exist in analyze section.
You mentioned Ajax Error code, but it doesn't exist in Browser Snapshots. I believe you meant Ajax Error, but am I correct?

In addition, AJAX Error value should also be visible from analytics, but you mentioned analytics API returned null for all the requests. Could you please check the analytics data again from analytics page by searching "Browser Requests" and enabling AJAX Error field?
analytics_new_search_browser_requests.png
Best Regards,
Hiroki

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Team,

I have followed the steps that you have provided, however, I can see the Null value is only captured for Ajax error that is not correct.

Could you please guide me further in order to get the correct value of the Ajax error?

DhirajChoudhary_0-1628676894039.png

I have noticed one more thing all this analytics level data is sync with REAL USER -Analyze tab. As you can see we are capturing nothing here ajax error in the real user tab so my question remains the same is there any way so that Ajax error we would be able to capture.

DhirajChoudhary_0-1628677678740.png

In case if some configuration mistake we are doing from our end on the end-user experience level please guide me for those as well so that we will correct those and will start capturing those data(Ajax error).

As I see in the screenshot shared by you that you are able to capture that Ajax error. It would be really helpful if you can share your configuration for monitoring the end-user so that we will be also doing the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Dhiraj Kumar

^ Edited by @Ryan.Paredez to remove PII. Please do not leave your phone number on community posts. I would recommend sharing that as a private message with someone if you two decide to communicate that way. 

Hi @Dhiraj.Choudhary ,

Thank you for checking the analytics data.

Could you please check below?

Enable_AJAX_Request_Error_Capture.png

• Please confirm if there are any rules for "Events Service Include Rules" for AJAX Events Service setting. If there are no rules, please add rules in order to publish the AJAX request to Event Service(Analytics).
    You can access AJAX Events Service setting from browser application->Configuration->Instrumentation->Ajax tab->Events Service tab.
    By default, there may be no rule, and if no rules are specified, no data on Ajax requests is sent to analytics.
    https://docs.appdynamics.com/21.3/en/end-user-monitoring/browser-monitoring/browser-real-user-monito... 

After adding include rules, please check Analyze page by filtering Page Type by AJAX and see if there is any record for AJAX requests.

Events_Service_Include_Rules.png

Best Regards,

Hiroki

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Hi Team,

Thank you!! for you valuable comments We are able to get Ajax error in Analytics as I have tweaked some configuration based on your input and official documentation.

I was stuck on below points as we are in the process of enhancing health rule based on capability that AppDynamics can provide  :

1.Just  wanted to check if there is any way we can configure the health rule on AppDynamics level where we can send the alert only when we get 500 series Ajax error. As those are the critical one and we need immediate attention.

2.If we need to configure health rule for JavaScript error on browser level (for example if we want to send the alert if java script error occurs on IE browser)is there any way for that.

It would be really help full for us .if you can provide some insight on above query.

Thanks and Regards,

Dhiraj Kumar

Hi @Dhiraj.Choudhary ,

Great to hear you could get Ajax error in Analytics.

1. You can create an Analytics metric from ADQL and monitor it with a health rule.
e.g.
ADQL like below will make a metric for the number of 500 Ajax error for XXX url. By making a health rule that becomes critical once the metric value exceeds 1, you may be able to monitor the number of 500 Ajax error.

SELECT count(*) FROM browser_records WHERE pagename LIKE "XXX" ajaxerror LIKE "*status*500*"

https://docs.appdynamics.com/21.8/en/analytics/using-analytics-data/create-analytics-metrics-from-sc...

2. JavaScript error may be available in analytics too, so you can create a custom metric and monitor it.
You can search JavaSciprt error with ADQL like below.

SELECT count(*) FROM browser_records WHERE scripterrordata.message IS NOT NULL.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/21.8/en/analytics/using-analytics-data/visualize-javascript-errors

Best Regards,
Hiroki

Thank you for the response really helped a lot!!

Just one question could you help me with the way configure health rules with specific http error code ,Ajax error from EUM.

It would be really help full if you will provide steps by steps way to do the same with screenshot.

Hi @Dhiraj.Choudhary ,

Sure!

1. From [Analytics]->[Searches]->[Query Language Search] Page, create Analytics Metric using ADQL.
 CreatingAnalyticsMetric.png

2. Wait for several minutes and confirm the Analytics metric is working as intended from the metric browser.
 MetricBrowser.png

3. From [Alert & Response]->[Health Rules] page, create a health rule for the Analytics metric. Select Analytics for the target.
 CreatingHealthRule.png

3-1. You can configure Health Rule schedules and wait time after violation in the overview panel.
Please see the document below for details of the configurations.
  HealthRuleOverview.png

3-2. Affected Entities may be default.
HealthRuleAffectedEntities.png

3-3. For the Critical or Warning Criteria, create health rule conditions for the Analytics metric. The rule may depend on how you would like to monitor the application, so please see the documents below for the details of configuration.
 HealthRuleCriteria.png

4. After a health rules is created, you can create a policy from [Alert & Response]->[Policies] page. Select Analytics for the target.
Please see the document below for creating a policy.
 CreatingPolicy.png

Best Regards,
Hiroki

Hi Team,

Thank you Very much !!

Is there a way to capture the JavaScript error from analytics and create the health rule based on that and send the alerts if that occurs to user?

Please help as we are struggling for the same. 

Thanks,

Dhiraj Kumar

Could you please check the JavaScript error data is available from analytics?
You can see the data by enabling Script Error fields.
JavaScriptErrorAnalytics.png

If not, please check if "Enable JavaScript Error Capture" checkbox on Configuration->Instrumentation->Errors tab is enabled.

You can create analytics metrics from Javascript Error like the screenshot and ADQL below.
SELECT count(*) FROM browser_records WHERE scripterrordata.message IS NOT NULL
JavaScriptErrorMetric.png

Then, steps to monitor the metric with a health rule is same for Ajax error.

Best Regards,
Hiroki