cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EUM - Page Limits

Abhinav.Galodha
Architect

Hi Team,

As per the documentation at https://docs.appdynamics.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=35456848 the page limit is defined for Base Pages (Virtual Pages) & IFrames as 500 and then further defines 500 ajax call limit.

"Page Limits
There is a limit of 500 total base pages (including virtual pages) + iframes and 500 Ajax calls that can be individually tracked per application."

My Question are mentioned below.

1. Is it 500 limit for the Base Page + Virtual Page + IFrames + Ajax Calls ?

2. Is it 500 limit for Base Page + Virtual Page + IFrames and another  500  for Ajax calls.

3. Are Pages & Ajax Request without Load also included to calculate the number?

5 REPLIES 5

Chitra.Lal
AppDynamics Team

Hi Abhinav,

Here are the answers to your queries:

1. Is it 500 limit for the Base Page + Virtual Page + IFrames + Ajax Calls ?

No its like, Virtual Pages are combined with Pages & iFrames for a combined limit of 500 different requests. Essentially Pages + iFrames + Virtual Pages = 500. This can be found in our documentation center here. And separately 500 for AJAX calls

2. Is it 500 limit for Base Page + Virtual Page + IFrames and another  500  for Ajax calls.

Yes, thats true per above explaination.

3. Are Pages & Ajax Request without Load also included to calculate the number?

As this is a limit on the calls that can be individually tracked per application, so once registered they will be counted against limit regardless of whether they have load right now or not. Hence if you have hit your page limit, then you need to delete the affected old page names(including those which may not be reporting right now) before any new page names can be added to the database. Doing so also deletes any accumulated metrics for those page names.

Let me know on case you have further queries. 

Thanks,

Chitra

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

tushar.darekar
Discoverer

Hi Team,

Can you please let me know what is the limit for excluding the Pages, iFrames , Virtual Pages and Ajax calls.

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @tushar.darekar,

I want to make sure I understand your question. You are asking what is the max number of Pages, iframes, Virtual Pages and Ajax calls you can exclude?

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi Ryan, 

I would like to know what specifically do I have to do in order to excede the page excluding limit for Ajax on a SAAS controller 

The reason why I am asking this is because I am recieving a error message on the controller that states Failed to exclude the Request. I have excluded Ajax Page requests before however I am not quite able to exclude anymore  on the same controller

Regards,

Shashwat 

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Shashwat .Pandey,

I looked around, and as mentioned above, the maximum number of exclusions is 500. This includes these types (and maybe more)

case BASE_PAGE:
case IFRAME:
case VIRTUAL_PAGE:
case AJAX_REQUEST:
case SYNTH_JOB_REF:

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.