cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors dashboard shows 4k errors but not able to find it.

Ajay.Mathews
New Poster

Errors dashboard shows 4k errors but not able to find the details for them

the snapshots that i have under errors is only 1k.

7 REPLIES 7

Ajay.Mathews
New Poster

Capture.PNG
As mentioned earlier I am looking for the highlighted data.

When i click 4K it takes me to the metric browser.

I am trying to understand where i can find the 4K error details.

Hi

You need to click on "Errors" not the count

That will open the errors window

You can also directly click on "Transaction snapshots" and just filter for Errors

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

thank you...I did do that. Now I see only 1k snapshots, so would the 4K errors be part of those 1k snapshots and I would need to drill into each one of them to locate the error details.

Hi

This can happen due to a variety of reasons

Out of the Box, AppDynamics will have limits set to ensure it does not do excessive snapshots, as this adds overhead to the application.

Most of the time you will not have a 1 to 1 ratio between Errors and snapshots, especially when the error rate is very high.

You will have to check what limits you have set, under Slow/Error Thresholds for the application, and there are options to increase the snapshot collection to be more aggressive, however it will add additional overhead to the system.

You need to finely balance the overhead AppDynamics puts on the application to how many snapshots it collects when errors occur or slow transactions happen.

In summary AppDynamics will monitor and report on every error, but not take a snapshot for every error(on low error rates it will mostly take a snapshot for every error).

You can then use the Exceptions & Error screens to zone in on the errors being seen.

You can also use the Dashboarding side to report on types of errors etc.

Hope this clears things up

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Thanks Ciao.

Also just to double confirm in your reference to system you referring to the application right  or the controller  ?

By system I mean the application. As the agent will do the work when capturing the snapshots and it runs with the application. This puts overhead on the system.