cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community access restored to most members

I've been able to make some changes to restore community engagement access to most members.

Follow the blog post for up to date information

We thank you for your patience while we get this fixed

Triggering script on Health rule violation - Real time use cases

Saad.Ahmed
Creator

Hello Everyone,

Recently I got to know about a feature in AppDynamics where we can trigger scripts on a HR violation.

I am really excited to use this functionality for our project. I am looking for some real time use cases where this has been implemented and has resolved a great problem.

1. Currently I have written a script where I will be restarting an application when ever it goes down (App Availability HR get violated). This has been working successfully.

2. I have also written a script to purge the old logs when disk space utilization goes above certain threshold. This works fine as well.

I am looking for some other use cases where this has been used or can be used. It would be really great if I can get suggestions and ideas on this.

Thank You,

Saad.

1 REPLY 1

Sunil.Agarwal
AppDynamics Team

@Saad.Ahmed , AppDynamics has a feature to configure an action to run Remediation Scripts.  Here are some real-time use cases where a script can be triggered on a Health Rule violation:

1. CPU utilization: Trigger a script to analyze the processes that are consuming CPU resources and optimize the system.
  2. Memory usage: Trigger a script to analyze the memory usage and take appropriate actions such as garbage collection or memory optimizations.
  3. Network latency: Trigger a script to analyze network latency and take appropriate actions such as network optimizations or switching to alternative communication protocols.
  4. Database connectivity: Trigger a script to run diagnostics to identify and fix connectivity issues.
  5. Automatic scaling:  Trigger a script to scale up or down resources based on health rule violations whenever the tool detects a high traffic load on a web server.
  6. Garbage collection: Trigger a script to analyze the garbage collection patterns and take appropriate actions such as optimizing memory usage.
  7. Security breaches: Trigger a script to alert the security team and take appropriate actions such as blocking the attacker's IP address.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
Sunil Agarwal