cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Claudia.Landivar
Community Manager

How do I deal with spam or harassment on the AppDynamics Community? 

Spam is unsolicited content. Harassment is hateful or threatening speech. 

If you see either of these types of content, mark the entry as spam or as harassment so we can remove it from the community.

In this article...

What are spam and harassment, and how do I report abuse?

Spam is unsolicited content that has a commercial intent outside of the community’s mission. Harassment runs the gamut from annoyance to aggression.

These examples from our Community Code of Conduct “Don’ts” list partially define what could be considered spam or harassment on the AppDynamics Community:

• Violent threats or language
  • Discriminatory jokes or language
  • Sexually explicit or violent materials
  • Doxxing — Posting or threatening to post personal information regarding yourself or others
  • Personal insults, especially using racist or sexist terms.
  • Unwelcome sexual attention.
  • Solicitations, self-promotion, commercial messages, or spam—including links to external websites.
  • Advocate for or encourage any of the above behavior.
  • Repeatedly harassing other users.

If you see any of these, do report it as inappropriate content so we can remove it from the community.

Who can help me with reporting inappropriate content?

Rather than engaging with people you notice are harassing others (whether you or other Community members are being targeted), please alert Community moderators so we can address and remove the problem.

Ryan Paredez, Community Manager
Claudia Landivar, Community Manager & Editor, Knowledge Base

How do I report inappropriate content? 

You can flag the content by @mentioning us (the Community Managers) in any post. The AppDynamics Community offers another reporting method that leaves your identity out of public view. We will act on these notifications of harassment or spam immediately.

What are the steps for privately reporting inappropriate content?

Only the Community's moderators are notified when you use the Report Inappropriate Content method, and your identity will remain private. We will be able to review the content and determine the next steps.

To report spam or harassment privately, take the following steps:

1. Click the drop-down menu button on the upper right corner of the post.

2. Click the Report Inappropriate Content option towards the bottom of the drop-down menu.
    ClaudiaLandivar_0-1667272005228.jpeg

3. Type your comment into the Notify Moderator of Inappropriate Content field, then click the Notify Moderator button to submit your report.
    ClaudiaLandivar_1-1667272005215.jpeg

Additional Resources

Comments
Marcin.Kluzek
Producer

Hello @Claudia.Landivar 

How does the AppDynamics Community algorythm works when it comes to marking posts as spam?

I wanted to post about my issue in our current AppDynamics setup as I cannot find an answer to my question in the documentation, but it automatically gets marked as spam and I haven't really violated any of the mentioned conditions that you have posted above.

Could you look into it?

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Marcin.Kluzek,

I have already responded to you via PM. Please check it out and get back to me if you have any other questions. 

Version history
Last update:
‎01-10-2023 04:12 PM
Updated by: