How do I deal with spam or harassment on the AppDynamics Community?
Spam is unsolicited content. Harassment is hateful or threatening speech.
If you see either of these types of content, mark the entry as spam or as harassment so we can remove it from the community.
In this article...
What are spam and harassment, and how do I report abuse?
Spam is unsolicited content that has a commercial intent outside of the community’s mission. Harassment runs the gamut from annoyance to aggression.
These examples from our Community Code of Conduct “Don’ts” list partially define what could be considered spam or harassment on the AppDynamics Community:
- Violent threats or language
- Discriminatory jokes or language
- Sexually explicit or violent materials
- Doxxing — Posting or threatening to post personal information regarding yourself or others
- Personal insults, especially using racist or sexist terms.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Solicitations, self-promotion, commercial messages, or spam—including links to external websites.
- Advocate for or encourage any of the above behavior.
- Repeatedly harassing other users.
If you see any of these, do report it as inappropriate content so we can remove it from the community.
Who can help me with reporting inappropriate content?
Rather than engaging with people you notice are harassing others (whether you or other Community members are being targeted), please alert Community moderators so we can address and remove the problem.
Ryan Paredez, Community Manager
Claudia Landivar, Community Manager & Editor, Knowledge Base
How do I report inappropriate content?
You can flag the content by @mentioning us (the Community Managers) in any post. The AppDynamics Community offers another reporting method that leaves your identity out of public view. We will act on these notifications of harassment or spam immediately.
What are the steps for privately reporting inappropriate content?
Only the Community's moderators are notified when you use the Report Inappropriate Content method, and your identity will remain private. We will be able to review the content and determine the next steps.
To report spam or harassment privately, take the following steps:
- Click the drop-down menu button on the upper right corner of the post.
- Click the Report Inappropriate Content option towards the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Type your comment into the Notify Moderator of Inappropriate Content field, then click the Notify Moderator button to submit your report.