cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community access restored to most members

I've been able to make some changes to restore community engagement access to most members.

Follow the blog post for up to date information

We thank you for your patience while we get this fixed

Rajendra.Nautiyal
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

My application is start-up is taking longer after I added an AppDynamics Agent. Why does this happen and how do I resolve it?

Delays in application start-up time after adding an Agent can be due to the Agent requesting configuration details from the JVM.

By default, the Agent reserves 60 seconds to get a response from the Controller and start the instrumentation process. In some cases, it takes longer to get a response which in turn causes a delay.

Change the following system property to 3 seconds, and the instrumentation request will be issued in parallel with application startup. Changing the parameter will have no impact on the application.

How do I resolve these application delays?

You can resolve the delay by changing the timeout system property from the default 60 seconds to 3 seconds. The instrumentation request will be issued in parallel with application startup. This parameter change will not have any impact on the application. 

• While running the agent, add the following system property to the Agent configuration:
    -Dappagent.start.timeout=3000

Example:  
    java -Dappagent.start.timeout=3000 -javaagent:<AgentInstallDir>/verx.x.x/javaagent.jar​
Comments
Richard.Walls
Wanderer

We've tried adding the timeout=3 in the java option but it increased the time instead of decrease.  Is there another was of achieving a quicker response time?

Claudia.Landivar
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

@Richard.Walls, it looks like more investigation is needed to resolve the specific response time issue you're experiencing. I spoke with @Rajendra.Nautiyal, and his feeling is that further troubleshooting will take a thorough log file review—which makes your question more suited to opening a Support ticket.

Thank you for bringing the conversation to the Community! If you discover a shareable cause, please don't hesitate to post. 

Claudia Landivar
Community Manager & Editor

Version history
Last update:
‎07-14-2022 09:41 AM
Updated by:
On-Demand Webinar
Discover new Splunk integrations and AI innovations for Cisco AppDynamics.

Register Now!

Observe and Explore
Dive into our Community Blog for the Latest Insights and Updates!

Read the blog here