Most of the AppDynamics app agents use INFO level logging by default. Sometimes, it is useful to collect logs with DEBUG level logging (for example, when confirming life cycle phases to debug configuration issues or if AppDynamics Support requests DEBUG logs). Once DEBUG mode is enabled, apply load on the application and collect the debug logs.
To enable DEBUG level logging:
1. On the Agents tab of the Nodes dashboard, scroll to the Agent Operations panel.
2. Click Request Agent Log Files.
3. By default the agent zips all logs in the agent log directory into one zip file. For the Java Agent or PHP Agent, you can select one of the other options:
Output from a specific logger at a set level, for a fixed duration: use com.singularity and select Logger Level=Debug, Specify a duration, such as 15 minutes.
4. (Optional) Enter a name for your request.
The name you provide identifies your request in the name of the generated zip file.
For example, the name CurrentTime produces a zip file named similar to CurrentTime_Node_8000_1390503141046.zip.
5. After the logging session completes and the log file has been written to disk, click Request Agent Log Files and the logged request and response output appears in the Controller UI. You must Request the log files before you can download them.