cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java agent on Tomcat is reporting a lot of "Agent Internal: com.singularity.ReflectionError"

prodserverxly
Creator

Hi, I'm running Appdynamics since a while on a Tomcat server (very basic setup) and I'm seing a lot of thos Exceptions: "Agent Internal: com.singularity.ReflectionError" - around 400/min.

I searched the community site as well as on Google but I found anything, and I'm worried that this could in some way impact the services running on Tomcat.

Does someone has a clue about what's causing those exceptions?

Thanks, Davide

8 REPLIES 8

Cody.Naumann
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Davide,

I did a search, too, and found this community post: https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Archive/Agent-Internal-Reflection-Errors-thousands-of-errors-ev...

One recommendation is to "try enabling verbose logging to see if you get the stack trace for this error." Give that a go, first, and I'll keep looking.

Thanks,

Cody

I'm seeing about 3000 occurances of this exception every minute across my java applications.  This essentially makes all of the exception metrics useless.

How do I ignore this permanently ignore this exception in the agent?

Note the underlying issue here is fixed in v4.2.4 and v4.3 v4.3.8.7 and v4.4+ of the agent.  Can I ask what version you are running?

Also, in v4.3.4+ internal agent errors are no longer counted against the application totals.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

I am running version 4.2.15.4-1 of the agent, so this should be corrected.  Glad to know these exceptions no longer impact the application in 4.3!  

Hi, 

We are using agent version 4.3.2.2 and we still see this agent exception (see attached). How do we ignore these exceptions? Please advise

Thanks!

Sundar

Can you please post a full set of agent logs, either here or in a support case.

Warm regards,

Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi

Can you please confirm if this issue has been fixed in 4.3.2.2 agent version or how to ignore this exception?

I already provided the logs that were asked.

Thanks!