Depending on your agent logs it could be a connectivity issue but in my case it was a licensing issue that was keeping my agent from sending metrics to the controller.
Even though my licenses appeared to be good, you have to check your default rule in your license manager to make sure you're fully allocated, which in my case I wasn't. I had recently added a new license key ahead of scaling out and adding close to 100 new agents so we wouldn't hit our limit. What I didn't realize was I had to adjust the rule to allocate all the new licenses we just added. Once that was done, the rest of our new agents were able send metrics to the controller.
... View more