cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add 2 service end points

Srinivasan.Krishnan
Adventurer

I have 2 service end points which is working as expected . I would like to add the numerical value of these 2 service end points and display it as another metric with no rollover to millions and the display should be in thousands. If I display it on a dashboard widget  ,the counts are being rolled in to millions and I don't want it. My preference is to just show it in 1000s like it does on a service end point screen.

please advise

2 REPLIES 2

Atyuha.Pal
AppDynamics Team

Hi Srinivasan,

If i interpret right you want to get the graph trend in /min level (please refer to the screenshot). Could you please select Timeseries Graph widget instead of Metric Value widget under Dashboards and Reports#Add Widget  and check if it solves the purpose.

Thanks,

Atyuha

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Atyuha,

I need to display the absolute value of adding values in 2 service end point.

When a use a 'metrics' dashboard widget in a dashboard for a single service end point, i see that when the metric count cross a million, dashboard starts to display it a 0.1 M  or 12.1M and so on . I dont want appd to do this. I want to see a number displayed in 1000s.

example: 937,000,100

I was told that the dashboard widgets do this and there is no work around it.

I am was hoping if there is a work around for this in the service end point home page where I can create another service end point or any other meachanism that adds values of 2 other service end points and displays it in 1000s as is without million or billion round offs