cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not connect to controller/Invalid response from controller

Richard.Smith
Producer

I am getting the following message when starting my Jboss/Java application up, what do I do to resolve it?

I am connecting locally via my Windows OS using a Jboss 7 server. I believe that I am using the correct configuration and we don't have any firwall issues that I am aware of.

I can navigate to the Controllers fine no problems. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

[@Richard.Smith We have redacted the log information below to ensure no sensitive information is shared publicly - @Nina.Wolinsky]

3 REPLIES 3

Richard.Smith
Producer

This appears to be the root cause.

Now if I try and hit that URL I get insufficient permissions, please advise?

[AD Thread Pool-Global1] 31 Dec 2018 11:26:41,362 ERROR ConfigurationChannel - Fatal transport error while connecting to URL [/controller/instance/0/applicationConfiguration]: java.net.UnknownHostException: This is usually a temporary error during hostname resolution and means that the local server did not receive a response from an authoritative server

Hello,

AppDynamics team could you please help?

Thanks

Richard

By insufficient permissions, do you mean that you see an HTTP 401 response logged in the agent log?

If so, it is likley that you are not passing the correct application key to the agent, have you double-checked that?

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.