cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Service actually another App on the same controller

Jeffrey.Escamilla
New Poster

So I've run into a weird issue where most all my apps show up as a web, and you can see where calls from one app, are made to another app. All except one. In this one, connections to other apps just show up under the "Remote Services" page with the FQDN listed. As such, the dashboard view doesn't correctly link it. Is there a way that I can say that a specific remote service is actually connected to another app? All the documentation I've found tells you how to rename it to a tier within the same app.

4 REPLIES 4

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Jeffrey.Escamilla,

It looks like the community has not yet jumped in to reply. Have you happened to find a solution or more information you can share?

If you still need help with this question, you can reach out to your CSM or contact AppDynamics Support: AppDynamics is migrating our Support case handling system to Cisco Support Case Manager (SCM). Read ... 
If you get an answer, it would be helpful if you could come back and share it here. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Currently have an active case open. Will gladly share the results when I get them!

Mario.Morelli
Architect

As you mentioned, you can only manually link it if it's within the same app.

That said, you should fix the actual correlation issue, which will correctly link it to the other application. This might just be due to the correlation not being picked up on the downstream application. Should be a quick fix

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Jeffrey.Escamilla,

I know we had some issues with community access last week. You can come back to comment and create content again.

With that in mind, if Mario's answer helped you out, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the reply that helped. If you need more help, reply back to keep the conversation going. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.