cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appdynamics DB collector Issues

Rohit.Sharma

I am stuck at 'waiting for connection' whereas the agent connection is showing green and connected as shown in the picture below.

Can somebody help me, please?

Screenshot from 2024-04-03 13-21-29.png

Screenshot from 2024-04-03 13-21-53.png

^ Post edited by @Ryan.Paredez to edit a screenshot to redact the Controller name and URL. Please do not share your Account name or Controller URL in Community posts for security and privacy reasons.

3 REPLIES 3

Cansel.OZCAN
Architect

Hi Rohit,

Are you still getting this error above in your screenshot,  I can help you in this case but your screenshot's error is very generic. 

It is possible that you got this error for many different reasons. Could you please share the database agent logs you deployed with me? Then we can easily find a solution to ix this problem.

Thanks

Cansel

Hi Rohit,

Could you please perform the following checks:

1) Verify the connection between the database agent and the controller, as well as between the database agent and the database server.
2) Ensure that the user has the correct permissions as specified in the AppDynamics document.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/appd/onprem/23.x/23.2/ja/database-visibility/add-database-collectors/co... 
3) Check if you have created a user for the db collector setting. Try logging in with the same user on the MySQL server to confirm that the user ID and password are correct.

Thank you.

Best Regards
Ranjit Kumar Kar

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Rohit.Sharma,

Can you confirm if either of the replies has answered your question? If so, please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button or reply to the thread keeping the conversation going. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.