cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can an Angular Application be configured as Application?

Hi, 

Currently, our Angular application is configured as "User Experience", We are facing the below issues:

1. We want to trigger an alert when there is a specific HTTP code in the response ex: 500, . While configuring health rules, there is no option to select a specific error code.

2. Anomalies are not detected even through enabled the option to overcome these issues

Can we configure our application as "Application" so that will give more options to configure the health rules? 

21 REPLIES 21

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Arjunasetty.Murahari,

I found this AppD Docs page on Angular, please check it out. https://docs.appdynamics.com/21.8/en/end-user-monitoring/browser-monitoring/browser-real-user-monito...

In the meantime, let us see if the community can also jump in and provide insight. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Thank you for sharing the doc link and it was not much helpful. 

Can you please help us in below: 

As communicated earlier, as of now our Angular application configured as "User Experience"  Please refer the screen shots.

Current configuration for one of the health rule is "AJAX Request Errors per Minute" metric - with this the problem is Appd is trying to collect all error codes and raising false alarms.  (all error codes means other than 200 http codes it is considering as errors) , but in our application the 400/401 those are business error codes, these we want to avoid to capture as errors in AppD. 

Can you please suggest us any configuration/metric to configure with http code 500. 

Another issue the anomalies are not capturing, Can you suggest any configuration? 

ArjunasettyMurahari_0-1628781639990.png

ArjunasettyMurahari_1-1628781723494.png

ArjunasettyMurahari_2-1628781761510.png

ArjunasettyMurahari_3-1628781791804.png

ArjunasettyMurahari_4-1628782278440.png

Hi @Arjunasetty.Murahari,

Let's see if the community can jump in and help. Also, if you happen to find any new information or a solution, please do come back and share that info here. 

As this is a peer-to-peer community, knowledge sharing is very important to the success of the community.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

As of no body responded from the community it would be great  if someone from App Dynamic team can help. 

As mentioned previously would be interested to configure health on specific http error code. 

Currently for application daily approximate requests are 2.5M to 3M.

Among those success requests (200) could be 80%

User entered incorrect data (400) could be 12-15%

All remaining may other %

So here 400 error codes frequently alert are generated .. those are proper business errors. 

You may be able to achieve what you would like to do by creating Analytics metrics from Ajax error and monitor them by a health rule.

Could you please check if you can see Ajax error from analytics?
You can see the value from analytics page by searching "Browser Requests" and enabling AJAX Error field.

If you cannot see Ajax Error, please check the post below to make Ajax Error transferred to Events Service, and then you can create Analytics metrics.

In addition, initially you asked to configure Angular as "Application."
I think Angular is client-side, and there may be a server-side application which gets requests from Angular application.
If so, it may also be possible to instrument the server-side application depending on the language and framework it is using.

Best Regards,
Hiroki

Thank you Hiroki for the explanation and let me go through it and let you know if additional details are needed. 

Hi Hiroki, 

It was really helped and I have below questions: 

We configured our application only as End User Monitoring, but the anomalies are not captured. 

Could you please let us know 

1. does EUM also capture the anomalies?  

2. How I can correlate the transaction generated in browser snapshot and in the splunk logs?  (refer screen shots)

I checked with Client Request GUID which is available from Brower snap shots no luck.  (please refer first screenshot)

ArjunasettyMurahari_5-1629479879630.png

ArjunasettyMurahari_4-1629479487568.png

ArjunasettyMurahari_2-1629479443158.png

ArjunasettyMurahari_0-1629479369637.png

Hiroki,

Did you get chance to look into the problem I posted? 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

> 1. does EUM also capture the anomalies?
Unfortunately, Anomaly Detection can only be configured for Business Transactions which is on the APM application and not EUM applications.
You might be able to enable Anomaly Detection for EUM applications from the Controller UI but there will be no trained model and/or any anomaly displayed.

> 2. How I can correlate the transaction generated in browser snapshot and in the splunk logs? 
Could you please share what kinds of information are available in Splunk?
If you are using Splunk Add-on for AppDynamics and AppDynamics Analytics Events API Call to get analytics data, I think "Browser Requests"(browser_records in ADQL) include "Client GUID", so you can correlate using the Client Request GUID in Browser snapshots.
The filed for "Client GUID" may be "cguid" in the response of Analytics API.

Splunk Add-on for AppDynamics

Best Regards,
Hiroki