cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Query metrics to Dashboard

Antti.Elonheimo
Producer

Hi,

Does anyone know a way to get the metrics shown in Database / Query Details page to a custom Dashboard? We would like to build a morning status dashboard that shows the execution times of certain queries that happen overnight.

br,

Antti

4 REPLIES 4

Saradhi.Potharaju
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Antti,

Only metrics available in database metric browser can be plotted in a custom dashboard. To see more information about a specific metric, double click any point on the graph and the Metric Browser opens displaying that metric.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO43/Database+Dashboard

Regards,

Saradhi

Thanks for the quick answer. I know that anything in metric browser can be shown in dashboards but I was just thinking if there was a way to use some REST API or similar to fetch the query details to dashboard. Or if it was possible to create a metric of those query details. The query details data is somewhere in the controller database anyway. But this is what I was afraid that they can't be used in a dashboard.

Hi Antti,

These details are in events service elastic search and not in the mysql db. These dashbaords that you see is custom formatted information and not a simple metric and hence cannot be used in custom dashboards.

Regards,
Saradhi

Hi,

Thanks. This I didn't know. Now it makes sense that this information is not available.

br,

Antti

On-Demand Webinar
Discover new Splunk integrations and AI innovations for Cisco AppDynamics.

Register Now!

Observe and Explore
Dive into our Community Blog for the Latest Insights and Updates!

Read the blog here