cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Query metrics to Dashboard

Antti.Elonheimo
Producer

Hi,

Does anyone know a way to get the metrics shown in Database / Query Details page to a custom Dashboard? We would like to build a morning status dashboard that shows the execution times of certain queries that happen overnight.

br,

Antti

4 REPLIES 4

Saradhi.Potharaju
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Antti,

Only metrics available in database metric browser can be plotted in a custom dashboard. To see more information about a specific metric, double click any point on the graph and the Metric Browser opens displaying that metric.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO43/Database+Dashboard

Regards,

Saradhi

Thanks for the quick answer. I know that anything in metric browser can be shown in dashboards but I was just thinking if there was a way to use some REST API or similar to fetch the query details to dashboard. Or if it was possible to create a metric of those query details. The query details data is somewhere in the controller database anyway. But this is what I was afraid that they can't be used in a dashboard.

Hi Antti,

These details are in events service elastic search and not in the mysql db. These dashbaords that you see is custom formatted information and not a simple metric and hence cannot be used in custom dashboards.

Regards,
Saradhi

Hi,

Thanks. This I didn't know. Now it makes sense that this information is not available.

br,

Antti