cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application or Business Service Transaction Scorecard

Sebastian.Perna
Builder

HI! I am trying to create something similar to the transaction scorecard with some business rules and saving each calculated % for dashboards and reports. For example:

Login 99.30% availability in the time range, where we calculate this by doing "Number of Transactions - Transactions with Technical Errors  / Number of Transactions" from a set of business transactions. We want this to see it online and also to have a daily and monthly ratio.

I tried this query that gives me the number that i want:

SELECT 100.0 * filter(count(*), userExperience != "ERROR") / count(*) FROM transactions WHERE application = "application example" AND transactionname =  "login business transactions example" SINCE 1 minutes

But I cannot save that as a metric and also it is not exact when trying to see a 1 month period.

Is there a way to calculate this?

Is it possible to use Experience Level Management?

Regards

1 REPLY 1

Hiroki.Ito
AppDynamics Team

Thank you for posting to the community.
As written in the document below, when using division in ADQL to create metrics, each side of the expression must be enclosed in parenthesis.

A query like the following may work:
SELECT (100.0 filter(count(), userExperience != "ERROR")) / (count(*)) FROM transactions WHERE application = "application example" AND transactionname = "login business transactions example" SINCE 1 minutes

For 1 month period query, one reason that it is not exact can be retention period.
If you are using SaaS and have not purchased the 30-, 60-, or 90-day add-on, then the default value is 8 days, meaning that even your query for a one month period may actually be returning only 8 days of data.
Transaction Analytics (SaaS)
->Data retention limited to 8 days. Additional retention of 30, 60, or 90 days available as an add-on.

For Experience Level Management, you cannot use custom analytics metrics.
However, you can add the metric to custom dashboard.

Best Regards,

Hiroki

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.