cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows service is not showing in

sandeep.kapil
New Poster

Hi There - I have installed an AppDynamics agent (4.2.152) to monitor only existing windows service there. There is no IIS installed on the server.

And in our controller when I go to Tiers & Nodes, it does showed up those servers but the AppAgentStatus is sitting at 0% all the time. I have edited the config as well (see below)
by putting the standalone service in it but that also didn’t help.

<app-agents>

<IIS />

<standalone-applications>

<standalone-application executable="prodapp.exe">

<tier name="ProdApp" />

</standalone-application>

</standalone-applications>

</app-agents>

Then I followed up someone’s advice to enable the SOAP headers but the agent doesn’t like this settings in the config and overwrote it itself.

<app-agent-configuration>

<configuration-properties>

<property name="enable-soap-header-correlation" Type="Boolean" value="True"/>

</configuration-properties>

</app-agent-configuration>

It is quite urgent for us and is holding to monitor the sevices in our production systems.

11 REPLIES 11

Hi

We are using .net 4.5.2.But still i am seeing this issue.Please find the code as follows.

private void OnMessage(string label, string content)
        {
// do some thing
}

Hi Maheswar,

I mentioned in my previous post the issue is resolved in the 4.4.1 .Net Agent version. It is not related to .Net Framework version. Seems you have used the .net framework version 4.5.2  to build your instrumented application.

Could you please install the latest available 4.4.x Agent version on the agent machine and then check the behaviour.

Let us know if you have any question.

Thanks,

Ashish.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.