cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppDynamics not detecting Error Transaction details for standalone windows service

Rinku.singh
Wanderer

Hi AppDynamics team,

I'm trying to configure the windows service application with Unhandled exception Error to monitor using .NET agent referring the below link.

Configure the .NET Agent for Windows Services and Standalone Applications (appdynamics.com)

here is the part of config.xml file which i have added

<standalone-applications>
<standalone-application executable="D:\sample project\MQ_ConsoleApp1\MQ_ConsoleApp1\bin\x64\Release\MQ_ConsoleApp1.exe">
<tier name="DotNet Tier" />
</standalone-application>

and also, I have tried configuring the entry points as well for the windows service.

but unable to get the transactions. Please let me know if i missed any more configuration steps.

please help me in resolving the issue. 

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Rinku.singh,

Was there any part of the documentation that was confusing? I can share this with the Docs team to see if they can clarify anything. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi,

Document was clear. I need to know AppDynamics are capturing windows service application [with Error Transaction] or not.

unable to get the Error transactions details.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Rinku.singh,

Thanks for letting me know. Let's see if the Community can jump in and help. If you happen to find the answer yourself, please do share it here as a reply.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.