cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename Standalone Application Node Name

Thiago.Anate
Creator

Hello all
I'm monitoring application services from a customer and I need to manually configure the name nodes for each service.
I was able to change the name on the UI but I want this change to be permanent.
The problem is that I have more than 20 exe for servers ​​with the same name, but they differ by the command-line.

Screenshots below

Capturar.PNG

I want to use the -displayname command-line  on my node name. Is there any possibility to do that?

command-linecommand-line

This is how my config.xml  is:

<standalone-application executable="Jsl.Normalizador.Service.exe" command-line="-displayname"> 
            <tier name="Jsl.TaskManager" />
            <profiler>
                <instrument-defaultdomain enabled="true"/>
            </profiler>
  </standalone-application>

Thanks in advanced

Thiago

4 REPLIES 4

Thiago.Anate
Creator
Anyone???

Eric.Miller
Architect

When you say you changed it in the UI, do you mean you went to:

Applications > (applicationname) > Tiers & Nodes > Actions ... > Create AppServer Tier

and the tiers and nodes didn't stick? If so and you created the Tiers manually, can you try double-clicking on the nodes themselves, and when you're in the node dashboard click on Actions and try the move node or edit properties buttons?

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Eric,

Yes, I can change the node's name in the UI (Tier and Nodes >>Nodes Details >> Actions >> Edit Properties).

What I want to do is to configure the node's name in the xml config file.

Is there any way to do that?

Because this is a standalone applicaiton (exe service) and it'll be very difficult to maintain the names and when the service is restarted the node name will return for the old configuration!

thanks advanced.

Thiago

Sorry for the long wait, I've been slammed at work due to some end of the year things. I'm noit entirely sure about the nodes, but you should be able to manually force the tier names to be what you want. From there I think the nodes will omit themselves if they're the same as the tier (not 100% about this though), so you may be able to manipulate the tier to provide a better description, but I don't think you'll get the command line to run.  Documentation about it is here: https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/Name+.NET+Tiers#Name.NETTiers-NameIISTiersManually

Should be able to add something like this:

<standalone-applications>
         <standalone-application executable="WaWorkerHost.exe">
             <tier name="" />
        </standalone-application>

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.