cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeanie.Kedia
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Business iQ - Business Health Monitoring Webinar [Air-Date March 20, 2018] Run Time: 58 minutes.

@Richard.Paul led a talk on business health monitoring and how to get started. He did a live step-by-step live demo and built BiQ business health dashboard. 

*If you have trouble viewing the recording - please try to  stream from Webex. 

We're listening, please take our post-webinar survey: 

https://survey.clicktools.com/app/survey/go.jsp?iv=1y416hk5g68xu

BiQ Community Resources: 

How to implement Business iQ for AppDynamics

More Analytics KnowledgeBase articles

Webinar Q&A Table of Contents

If I am a customer who is just getting started, what are the first key steps I should take or conver...

How many metrics should I collect if I am just starting out with business health monitoring?

What if I am interested in implementing this but need to consult with my business team members?

I’m interested in getting started but I need additional assistance. How can I get help?

Q: If I am a customer who is just getting started, what are the first key steps I should take or conversations I should have to start setting up parameters?

For a new customer, we understand it can be daunting. The best way to get started is by going to a whiteboard and mapping out everything to determine your key metrics. Think about what information and numbers your business cares about. At this point, don’t worry about how you will collect them; the most important part is deciding which metrics you want to capture. Once you have done this, find out who can assist with the technical configuration. You can always contact your AppDynamics Account Manager or start a support ticket for help.

Q: How many metrics should I collect if I am just starting out with business health monitoring?

It depends on what stage you’re at with business health monitoring. If you are using the Business Health Dashboard for the first time, start with your top 1-2 metrics and get in front of them so you can better understand how AppDynamics captures this data. Begin driving conversations with people in the company who are invested in these business metrics. Once you’re past that stage, start asking about additional key metrics (be it 3, 4 or 10) and build from there.

Q: What if I am interested in implementing this but need to consult with my business team members?

AppDynamics can help you lead conversations with your business team. Bring us into these discussions so we can guide you. We want to really highlight the importance of having these conversations.

Q: I’m interested in getting started but I need additional assistance. How can I get help?

Reach out to your company’s AppDynamics administrator and have them connect you with your AppDynamics Account Manager. Your Account Manager can set up a Business iQ workshop to help you identify key metrics and mock up a dashboard in a way that best visualized your data. Once you’ve completed this, determine who you need to talk to at your company about collecting data from a technical perspective. We also have additional self-service resources in AppDynamics University, or you can post a discussion in our Community.

Comments
Daniel.Erwin
AppDynamics Team

The audio here is impossibly breaky, maybe it's a compression issue? Anyway the content is good enough to merit watching it anyway - any chance we can fix or recreate it? 

Claudia.Landivar
Community Manager

Hey there @Daniel.Erwin 
Glad to have your confirmation the content is still worthwhile! But is surely does have a lot of pops and clicks.

I'm looking into what we can do to make this experience better.

Version history
Last update:
‎09-07-2018 11:26 AM
Updated by: