Knowledge Base

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I resolve an error when accessing the servers tab on recently upgraded/installed version 4.3?

After upgrading or installing AppDynamics version 4.3.x, users may see the following error when accessing the "Servers" tab in the Controller UI.

Error:

The requested URL /controller/restui/userPreferenceManager/setGeneralUserPreference/SIMMachinesListController-stateId--SIM_MODE-4.3-metricToggles/[{"selected":false,"label":"Availability (%)","type":0,"metricName":"Hardware Resources|Machine|Availability"},{"selected":false,"label":"Availability (%) Trend","type":1,"metricName":"Hardware Resources|Machine|Availability"},{"selected":true,"label":"CPU (%)","type":0,"metricName":"Hardware Resources|CPU|%Busy"},{"selected":true,"label":"CPU (%) Trend","type":1,"metricName":"Hardware Resources|CPU|%Busy"},{"selected":false,"label":"CPU Steal (%)","type":0,"metricName":"Hardware Resources|CPU|%Stolen"},{"selected":false,"label":"CPU Steal (%) Trend","type":1,"metricName":"Hardware Resources|CPU|%Stolen"},{"selected":true,"label":"Disk I/O (%)","type":0,"metricName":"Hardware Resources|Disks|Avg IO Utilization (%)"},{"selected":true,"label":"Disk I/O (%) Trend","type":1,"metricName":"Hardware Resources|Disks|Avg IO Utilization (%)"},{"selected":true,"label":"Disk Usage (%)","type":0,"metricName":"Hardware Resources|Volumes|Used (%)"},{"selected":true,"label":"Disk Usage (%) Trend","type":1,"metricName":"Hardware Resources|Volumes|Used (%)"},{"selected":false,"label":"Load - 1min","type":0,"metricName":"Hardware Resources|Load|Last 1 minute"},{"selected":false,"label":"Load - 1min Trend","type":1,"metricName":"Hardware Resources|Load|Last 1 minute"},{"selected":true,"label":"Memory (%)","type":0,"metricName":"Hardware Resources|Memory|Used %"},{"selected":true,"label":"Memory (%) Trend","type":1,"metricName":"Hardware Resources|Memory|Used %"},{"selected":false,"label":"Memory Swap Used (%)","type":0,"metricName":"Hardware Resources|Memory|Swap Used %"},{"selected":false,"label":"Memory Swap Used (%) Trend","type":1,"metricName":"Hardware Resources|Memory|Swap Used %"},{"selected":true,"label":"Network I/O (%)","type":0,"metricName":"Hardware Resources|Network|Avg Utilization (%)"},{"selected":true,"label":"Network I/O (%) Trend","type":1,"metricName":"Hardware Resources|Network|Avg Utilization (%)"}] was not found on this server.

Screenshot:

servermonitoringerror.png

The cause of this issue is due to some versions of Apache being unable to parse slashes in POST query parameters.

As of version 4.3, the view options are persistent for users. To do this, AppDynamics keeps track of what tab the user selected last time using an API call. This is a POST request, with query parameter of '/' which cannot be parsed by Apache, unless it is defined in the config file.

The solution is to turn on the AllowEncodedSlashes NoDecode option in the Controller server's Apache config file (httpd.conf).

For more information, see this Stack Overflow discussion: Need to allow encoded slashes on Apache

Version history
Revision #:
6 of 6
Last update:
‎10-04-2018 03:00 PM
Updated by:

Labels (1)
0 Kudos