cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Springboot microservices

Anjana.Mohan
Producer

Spring boot applications internally contains tomcat server. we have run Appdynamics java agent individually and created docker image.

we have to configure spring boot application with java agent and we need to bring up both images at a time.

I do not see any instructions to implement this on appdynamics .

Could you kindly provide work instructions to configure such a springboot microservices application ?

4 REPLIES 4

Peter.Holditch

Anjana,

You should follow the instructions here.

Spring boot appications are simply "standalone JVMs" from the perspective of AppDynamics configuration

Warm regards,

Peter

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Steps to install is clear.

Question - we cannot build two images at a time , so which exact image do you suggest we build along with the java agent on docker ? the one with the tomcat server or just the application image ?

From an AppDynamics perspective, the agent is fine with or without the presence of tomcat provided it gets the needed configuration.

There is some documentation that talks about setting the agent up in a docker environment, which also points to the dockerfiles for some images we have created ourselves as examples.

I hope this helps you arrive at the optimal configuration for your scenario.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Thank you so much for the help. I tried it & works fine ! pls keep the documentation since its handy.