cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data is being collected from machine agent version 20.2

Hello Experts,

Greetings!

We have installed 4.4.x version of AppD machine agent on one server but we didn't receive any data from agent to controller. So we upgraded the version from 4.4.x to 20.2.x version. Initially, it collected the data for CPU, Memory but not Disk space. 

We found the below error in logs:

extension-scheduler-pool-4] 07 Apr 2020 16:14:46,606  WARN RawCollectorUtil - Collector process did not finish in 27000 milliseconds

So we have increased the "sampling interval" value from 30000ms to 60000ms but still, there was no data for Diskspace. After some time, suddenly we didn't receive any metrics (CPU, memory, and Disk). We found the below error:

[extension-scheduler-pool-0] 09 Apr 2020 14:29:13,441  WARN RawCollectorUtil - Collector process did not finish in 54000 milliseconds

We configured machine agent 20.2.x on Windows Server 2016 Standard, 64bit, 256GB RAM.

Any idea why we are havaing problem to collect the data?

Thanks,

Selvaganesh E

9 REPLIES 9

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Selvaganesh.Elavarasan,

I know you mentioned you bumped up the sampling rate, but did you do this as well

Please bump up the sampling interval from 30000 to 60000 in the servermonitoring.yml from MA_HOME/extensions/serverMonitoring/conf and restart and see if the data shows up in the controller.

Let me know if that helps. Please do share what you learned (if anything).

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I changed the samplingInterval: 60000ms but still having the issue. When I observed keenly, I noticed that data been collected if the collector process completed within the sampling interval but no data will be collected if its exceeded the 60000ms. 

I am wondering why the collector script took more time to pull the data from the server? 

Will you please help me to download 4.5.x version MA? I will give a try to install whether 4.5.x helps to fix the issue.

Thanks,

Selvaganesh E

Hi @Selvaganesh.Elavarasan,

Agent downloads can be found here.

Let me know if that page helps you get that specific version of the machine agent.

Thanks,

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for your quick reply. I see only the latest version (20.3.2) is available in the site. Unfortunately, I installed the same version on the server which is creating the issue

Thanks,

Selvaganesh E

HI @Selvaganesh.Elavarasan,

What I just noticed is when on the download page, there is a dropdown that appears that allows you to pick the version you are looking for.

Screen_Shot_2020-04-10_at_2_34_11_PM.png

Let me know me if that helps out!

Thanks,

Good day

Was the original problem solved by updating the agent version?

We are seeing this error on a regular basis with our SIM enabled machine agents.

Agent version we have connecting to our SaaS Controller v21.2.0.

Error in logs:

"Collector process did not finish in 27000 milliseconds"

We tried updating the agent with the below and it did not change anything after several agent restarts.
samplingInterval: 60000

scriptTimeoutSeconds : 90

We also have a .Net agent running on the same Windows server and it is reporting in fine.
There are several other Machine agents in the cluster with the same version of agents and they are all reporting in as expected.

Dietrich 

Hi @Dietrich.Meier,

It's recommended to update your agent to the latest version.

You can check out current and former releases here too https://docs.appdynamics.com/21.2/en/product-and-release-announcements/release-notes

Thanks,

Hi Ryan

Appreciate the input, but the agent installed is a relatively new version and still on the same major version as the SaaS Controller used. 
It also does not explain why one agent would experience this issue at a time and 100s of other similar agents not. 
I had a look through the release info and I did not see anything related to this issue.

What worked for us at the moment was to reinstall the machine agent with the below tag.

-Dappdynamics.machine.agent.extensions.sim.sigarCollectorEnabled=true

Regards
Dietrich 

Hi @Dietrich.Meier,

Thanks for following up!

Thanks,