cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine agent not reporting metrics

Priyanka.Singh
Voyager

Hi,

We have installed machine agent on servers but metrics are not reporting to controller.

I have checked controller.xml file and logs as well.

Getting below error in logs:

[extension-scheduler-pool-10] 05 May 2020 16:09:03,827  INFO ReportMetricsConfigSupplier - Basic metrics will be collected and reported through the SIM extension because SIM is enabled.
[AD Thread-Metric Reporter1] 05 May 2020 16:09:08,937 ERROR ManagedMonitorDelegate - HTTP Request failed: HTTP/1.1 504 GATEWAY_TIMEOUT
[AD Thread-Metric Reporter1] 05 May 2020 16:09:08,937  WARN ManagedMonitorDelegate - Error sending metric data to controller:null
[AD Thread-Metric Reporter1] 05 May 2020 16:09:08,937 ERROR ManagedMonitorDelegate - Error sending metrics - will requeue for later transmission

Thanks
Priyanka
1 REPLY 1

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

HI @Priyanka.Singh,

We have a Knowledgebase article that I think may help with your question. https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-is-the-Machine-Agent-not-reporting-properly/...

If you learn anything from that article, please do share your results back on your post so we continue to build a knowledge bank of answers. 

Also, I can see you shared some snippets of your log files. I wanted to provide any FYI that log files can contain sensitive information. Please double check to make sure you are okay with any information listed in your original post. If you would like to edit the post, please send me a PM and I can work with you to remove anything unwanted.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.