cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API call to extract EUM appkey list

Hi all,
Is there a way of extracting a list of EUM appkeys via API from a controller in the same way it is possible to extract the APM application list?
eg. "https://<controller_name>.saas.appdynamics.com/controller/rest/applications"

I have trawled the doc but found no mention of this...

Many thanks in advance!

Philippe

13 REPLIES 13

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Philippe.Therond,

If you have an Analytics license, this may work: https://docs.appdynamics.com/22.6/en/extend-appdynamics/appdynamics-apis/analytics-events-api

If not, please check out the full list of APIs in our Documentation: https://docs.appdynamics.com/22.6/en/extend-appdynamics/appdynamics-apis

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Thanks Ryan

I use the analytics API already to retrieve browser request records for EUM but there's nothing there I know of or that I am able to find for appkeys...

Same thing with the other APIs you pointed me to.

As appkeys are defined on the controller, I wouldn't expect an analytics API to provide these data points but then again, sometimes it doesn't always work as expected

So back to square one.

It is conceivable that this simply isn't possible in the product.

regards

Philippe

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Philippe.Therond,

I found some more info.

It is not possible to export those details from controller UI.
You can get these details from EUM database if you are on-prem

select application_name, application_key, is_active from applications;

There is an indirect way to get the details from UI.
1. Open a browser
2. Open developer tools -> go to network tab
3. go to user experience tab -> Browser Apps. Wait for data to load.
4. Go to Mobile Apps. Wait for data to load.
5. On the network tab , select the one that has "getAllEumApplicationsData" in it's name and go to "preview" section. Expand the array to view application name and it's appkey. You can download this content by right clicking and select copy object. Attaching screenshot for your reference.
6. On the network tab , select the one that has "getAllMobileApplicationsData" in it's name and go to "preview" section. Expand the array to view application name and it's appkey. You can download this content by right clicking and select copy object. Attaching screenshot for your reference.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Mario.Morelli
Architect

Hi Phillipe

You can use the following

https://<controller FQDN>/controller/restui/eumApplications/getAllEumApplicationsData?time-range=last_2_hours.BEFORE_NOW.-1.-1.120

It provides the keys as well as some other information as well, depending on what program you are using, you can just loop and extract the app keys from the data.

Also just a note on using the analytics method, it only works if there is active data for the respective EUM Application, which you will miss app keys with no data.

Ciao

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

Thanks for your suggestions Ryan.

Unfortunately, we are not on prem so direct SQL access to DB is not possible. It must be done via API...

Manual solution suggested is not an option either, looking for programmatic way.

regards

Philippe

Hi Mario

thanks for this!

I have tried and it works . Sample result below:

[ {
"name" : "WREN_Client_V2",
"appKey" : "XX-XXX-XXX-XXX",
"id" : 972,
"monitoringEnabled" : true,
"synTotalJobs" : 0.0,
"metrics" : {
"syntheticEndUserResponseTime" : {
"metricId" : -1,
"name" : "METRIC DATA NOT FOUND",
"value" : -1.0,
"sum" : 0.0,
"count" : 0,
"graphData" : null

etc.

However the description field is not exposed, which is a real pain for us as we were planning to use it as a mapping to our application register.

Any chance you could log an enhancement request to get this attribute included in the output of this API call?

Best regards

Philippe

Hi Phillippe

Awesome, you can just do a follow up call to the following using the app id

https://<Controller fQDN>/controller/restui/allApplications/applicationById?applicationId=<App ID>

This will give you the description as well:)

Let me know if this works for you

Ciao

Ashley.Lewis
Creator

Hi Mario,

Thank you for this. It really helped.

This seems to work for the Browser RUM Applications but I couldn't get back the Mobile RUM applications. Have you ever faced this?

Hi Ashley

Glad to help, Yes sure for Mobile apps you just change the value in your API call as below

EUM Web - getAllEumApplicationsData

EUM Mobile - getAllMobileApplicationsData

Ciao