cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is possible to install a PHP agent in a dockerized application?

Gustavo.Marconi
Builder

Hi everybody,

I need to install a PHP agent for a dockerized application, the application is a CRM called SuiteCRM, I was not able to find documentation about it in the PHP section, and in the docker section only mentions Java, .NET and NodeJS:

https://docs.appdynamics.com/appd/24.x/latest/en/application-monitoring/install-app-server-agents/ag...

So I want to ask is somebody know if it possible to install the PHP agent in this dockerized SuiteCRM application, and if it is possible, what kind of considerations should I be aware of. At the moment there is no orchestrator to autoscale the container.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Gustavo.Marconi,

Thanks for asking your question on the community. Did you happen to find any new information or a solution for your question? If so, please share what you learned as a reply here.

If not, you can try contacting your AppD Rep or even AppD Support.
How do I submit a Support ticket? An FAQ 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Gustavo.Marconi
Builder

We install the agent like it was a VM, we had to move the file "appdynamics_agent.ini" to the same folder where the "php.ini" is in, after that we rebuild the image of the container, we put it in the dev environment and finally the controller recognized the agent and this one started sending the telemetry.

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Gustavo.Marconi.

Thank you for sharing the solution! 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.