cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we link Multiple dashboards?

Team,

Can we link multiple dashboards ? Meaning can i have a parent dashboard  to which i can add several child dashboards and one click on parent dashboard can redirect me to the child dashboard?

4 REPLIES 4

Daniel.Arrizza
AppDynamics Team

Hi Tejaswini,

Yes you can! I have seen many of our advanced customers create master dashboards, linking them to more specific child dashboards.

When you edit a widget, on the left side there is a 'Double Click' section. Select Action > 'Open Specific URL'. This can be any URL, including another dashboard, or a page in the product.

You can get the URL of the child dashboard by going to Share > Share Dashboard. Then clicking Share > Copy Shared URL to Clipboard.

I hope this was helpful to you.

Hi Daniel,

Are those customers able to prevent the link from opening a new browser tab and "relaunching" AppDynamics?

I've been trying to do this for some time but it seems a very inelegant as a user experience because of those two things.

Thanks,

d

Hi @Daniel.Arrizza,

I heard back from the Dashboard team.

There's a radio button to choose how you want the link to open, in the current page or a new window. 

Not sure what Controller version you are on, but there is also a new way: https://docs.appdynamics.com/21.10/en/appdynamics-essentials/dashboards-and-reports/dash-studio/dash...

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Thanks for the response, Ryan.

Looks like the option to specify how the link opens is only available in Dash Studio.

I can't use the studio because 1) I can't use beta/preview software for critical APM tasks in our Production environment and 2) one half of the screen in each of my 3 primary dashboards is filled with iFrame widgets displaying info from other APM applications and I don't see anywhere in the studio or the documentation for including iFrames. (I tried an image>url method but it didn't work.)

Thanks,

d