cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share agents between differents controllers

Gustavo.Lopez
Wanderer

Dear all,

We have a controller C1  in which database D1 is cataloged and using agent A1. 

I need to see D1 from a new controller called C2 but I couldn't see agent A1 in C2.

Can someone help me with this?

^ Post edited by @Ryan.Paredez for formatting

3 REPLIES 3

Mario.Morelli
Architect

Hi Gustavo

Can you clarify what you are trying to achieve?

Do you want to monitor the database and report it to 2 controllers at the same time? 

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

Hi Mario , 

In a specific controller, we develop a dashboard for an application that has many databases.
But, in another controller, we are building another dashboard that needs to see one of the databases already cataloged in the other controller. The idea is not to catalog the databases on each controller where they are needed but to share them across all controllers.

Is this posible ?

Hi Gustavo

Can you provide some context here please.

1. Why do you have multiple controllers? I believe the cross correlation of multiple controllers is no longer something that is supported and was deprecated.

2. Are you referring to the database connection seen from the Flow maps, which are registered by the App Agent in relation to business transactions or the Database Agents itself, where you added the Database monitoring using the Database agent?

You can just install another database agent on the same server with a unique db agent name, with different controller configuration, which reports to the second controller. However you will still be using 1 DB agent license on C1 and 1 DB Agent license on C2

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A