cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST API 500 Error

fwlasso
Builder

When I tried to access the REST API (curl/browser), I got an 500 internal service error (with 
Exception Id:b0f9087c-6551-4f1e-bfe0-93a3353cd59d). The controller UI is working fine.

The server log is attached.

[Post edited by @Ryan.Paredez to remove attached log file. If you do share a Log file, make sure you redact any sensitive information from the file]

6 REPLIES 6

Pratik.Maskey
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Could you try calling API from any REST client like postman, make sure you are entering correct username "username@accountName" followed by password.

Could you share the screen shots and API you are trying to call. 

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi, it used to work for an earlier installation. I followed the doc https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO43/Application+Model+API#ApplicationModelAPI-RetrieveAllBusi... using curl. Also tried in browser. I did make sure the username and password are correct (in the form of user@customer:secret). I got 500 for every rest API. One example screenshot is attached.

Pratik.Maskey
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Could you try using accountname as "customer1" instead of customer.

Ex - user@customer1:secret 

Or just hit the rest API on browser and enter credentials as user@customer1 followed by password. Let us know how it goes.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi, sorry I made a typo. Yes I'm using customer1 (user@customer1:secret). The auth is correct otherwise it gives 403 forbidden.

Hi Pratik,

Just wondering if you have any idea on this? I'm still having this problem.

Reinstalling everything seems to solve the problem but would be nice if didn't have to reinstall...