Did you mean: 

How to find current logged on users

ravi.govindasamy

How to find current logged on users in appdynamics

5 REPLIES 5

Pratik.Maskey
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi,

Currently, there is no provision to check the currently logged in users through controller UI or API.

1)We register user login under controller_audit table. We can get who logged in to the controller for a time frame.

Following query will list out the users logged in to controller in last one hour -

SQL>select user_name,FROM_UNIXTIME(ts_ms/1000, '%Y %D %M %h:%i:%s') as login_time from controller_audit where action = 'LOGIN' and ts_ms > (select max(ts_ms) - 1000*60*60*1 from controller_audit);

2) We can generate a controller audit report.

3) We can check audit.log file under controller/logs.

-Thanks

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Satish.Babu
Explorer

Where we have to run the abv query 

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Satish.Babu,

Given how old this post is, it's unlikely to get a reply. I'm searching for any relevant existing content for you. If I find anything I'll share it here. If you happen to find any info, can you please also share it?

If you don't have any luck, you can create a ticket with AppDynamics Support (for contractual customers only) How do I submit a Support ticket? An FAQ 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

If you are using an on-premises controller, you can log in to your database and execute this query. For those using a SAAS controller, enabling the Audit Report feature is recommended. Below are articles providing more detailed information on both scenarios.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/appd/onprem/23.x/latest/en/controller-deployment/administer-the-control...

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Satish.Babu

Were you able to look into what @Sunil.Agarwal mentioned above? 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.