cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while retrieving the agent

wolfcry0
Creator

I've signed up for the SaaS trial but when attempting to add a PHP application I get the error "Error while retrieving the agent".

I can't use the support portal as it says I do not have access. And there is nothing in the knowledge base on how to solve the error.

This is not a good first impression from a trial!

11 REPLIES 11

jimmy.murillo
Creator

I have the same issue!

Is it resolved? Am facing the same issue here.

Rafael.Ielo
Architect

Hi wolfcry0,

Could you please share more details about it? Did you have any log files? What is your PHP version? Did you check the network and rules of a firewall?

Tks

AppDynamics, this is not at all a good first impression from a product we're evaluating for potential procurement. You're a market leader, yet you're evidently fairly careless with your PHP support and don't value feedback from potential customers raised during the pre-sales process.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Launch SaaS AppDynamics controller instance.
  2. From the top bar, select Applications.
  3. Under the No Applications heading, Select Create an Application.
  4. In the Create Application modal, leave the Create an Application using the Getting Started Wizard checked and click OK.
  5. On the resulting page beneath the Applications heading, select PHP.
  6. Under Choose your Operating System, choose All Other Linux OS, 64-bit.
  7. Under Set Application and Tier, set names and click Continue.
  8. Click Click Here to Download.

The resulting agent tarball won't download -- see attached. Please advise on how to proceed.

Looks as though you're in violation of the browser's CORS policy from the console:
Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://download.appdynamics.com/selfservice/agentdownload/?type=php-rpm&account-access-key=XXX&cont.... (Reason: CORS header 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' missing).

Hi, luke.carrier,

from where you try to download, do you have the internet access? I mean, firewall rules to go to an external website and provide the download?

If yes, you can download directly from https://download.appdynamics.com/download/#version=&apm=php&os=&platform_admin_os=&events=&eum=&page... ?

Please let me know if still facing trouble. This is a community where we have a lot of doubts and partners like me, maybe I can help you :)

Erin
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Luke,

I'm very sorry for the trouble. It looks like your comment might have been originally caught in the spam filter, but that issue has been resolved.

As for the difficulty with installing a PHP Agent, I have asked the Moderators to do some troubleshooting and post a reply.

In the meantime, here is a link to our documentation on how to Resolve PHP Agent Installation Issues as well as a video that walks you through configuration steps: Getting Started with the Download Wizard.

I hope that helps! 

Hi Rafael,

There's no connectivity issue on our side. I'm able to browse and download resources on the downloads site without issue.

I'm not clear on how this helps with the first time installation of the PHP agent, though, as it expects a file containing a series of variable assignments. I've been unable to find any documentation explaining the contents of this file, nor does the install script explain them, so I'm unable to proceed.

Side note for the moderators: I'm confused as to why AppDynamics themselves aren't interested in the customer onboarding experience, down to preventing new customers from reaching out to AD directly via tickets and even marking posts to these forums as spam.

Cheers,

Luke

Hi Luke,

I'm not sure if I got it your issue here. Did you can download the agent, but can't install. Is this? The PHP agent needs a little configuration plus than documentation, it is relative for each version and instrumentation type, for example, if you're using the ZTS or Zend Guard, you'll unable to monitor your application.

Can you please give me more details to help you? 

Regards,

Hi Luke,

Apologies for the issue you encountered with the agent installer download via controller wizard. Could you please let us know the SAAS controller URL so we can check for the download issue in that.

Also, if you are able to download the agent installer from https://download.appdynamics.com/download/ URL, you can try the agent installation as per https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Install+the+PHP+Agent+by+Shell+Script documentation.

Please let us know if you still encounter any issues and we will assist further on that.

Best Regards,
Piyush