Company Administrators (not available with self-service trials) have the ability to manage user access for AppDynamics Portal. Once a user has been enabled, they'll have the ability to access pages on Portal, submit Support tickets, download AppDynamics Software with cURL, and manage their own profiles. This article walks Admins through how to:
After logging into AppDynamics.com , mouse over your name in the top-right corner of the page, and click the Manage Users link to reach the Users page .
There are two ways a Company Admin can bring users into their organization’s Portal account:
Adding a new user
Inviting an existing user
In most cases, you will use this Add User workflow outlined below to invite a new user to the account. If you had tried adding a user and received the error “The user you are trying to add already exists in the system. You can invite users to join your organization from user listing page,” that user already has an AppDynamics account with that email address. In this situation, you would use the Invite an existing user workflow.
1. From the Users page, click the Add User button.
2. Enter the user's email address and name, and select checkboxes to grant required access. Click the Submit button to finish adding the user. For instructions on how that user will accept the invitation, click here.
1. From the Users page, click on the username that needs to be edited.
2. Make the required changes and click the Submit button.
A disabled user can no longer sign in to the portal experience and will be unable to access any Portal capabilities. They can be re-enabled by the Company Admin if needed.
1. From the Users page, click on the username that needs to be disabled .
2. Click on the Actions drop-down menu and select Disable User.
3. To disable multiple users, use the checkboxes to select users and click the Disable User(s) button .
1. From the Users page, click on the Disabled Users tab. .
2. Use the checkboxes to select a user or multiple users, then click the Enable Users button.
How do I invite existing users to my organization's Portal account?
How do I manage License Contacts
... View more
Step 1 - To set up new release notifications, sign in to your account at AppDynamics.com.
Step 2 - Click your name on the top-right corner, then click Profile.
Step 3 - Click Notifications.
Step 4 - On the Notifications page, check the box next to "Notify me when a new version of Appdynamics is released" and click Save. You will receive an email notification of every new AppDynamics release.
... View more
1. To receive an email notification when a member of your organization issues a new support request, first log in to your AppDynamics account.
2. Visit the support page at help.appdynamics.com and click on "Support Portal" link as shown below:
3. Click on "Organization Requests" to view your team's requests.
4. Click on the follow button to subscribe to new support requests from members of your organization
5. To unsubscribe from support notifications, click the unfollow button.
... View more