cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to see all API's on .NET application on Appdynamics

mayank.gupta2
Wanderer

Hi,

I have created .NET application on Appdynamics and installed its Agent on API server of .NET web application.

When i am simulating user load through J-Meter , i am seeing only few API's on application dashboard reported on AppDynamics.

After this i tried to apply Rule through service end point and then that API was listed.

Going by this it become very tedious to apply rule for every API URI path.

Do we need to apply any flag any specific configuration through which i can see all API's listed for user operation on AppDynamics.

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

Ashish.Singh
AppDynamics Team

Hi mayank,

If we understood correctly from the shared details When you are applying the load on the instrumented .Net based application, you are seeing only some of the BT registered in the controller UI and after defining the SEP u notice the other nonidentified transaction on the controller.

Can you please provide us the below details to understand and troubleshoot this issue further - 

• What kind of application (asp.net, mvc/wcf/web api etc) it is, for which you do not see some of the transaction detected?
  • Can you please remove the SEP testing purpose and enable the find entry points agent node property at the tier level as suggested in the document - https://docs.appdynamics.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=45490419#AppAgentNodeProperties(F-L)-find-...
  • After that restart the agent coordinator service and restart the IIS/instrumented application process  in the sequence and then apply the load on the application.
  • After that kindly provide us the latest zip of complete DotNetAgent folder located at %ProgramData%\AppDynamics for our review in a SFTP location. I will share the SFTP location details in a private message.
  • Please notify here once you upload in the details on the SFTP location.

Let us know if you have any question.

Thanks,

Ashish.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Thanks Ashish for your revert

Application which is being monitored is .net based application.

Can you please share if all properties need to be set as recommended or just the one with find entry points

also share the location where i can copy logs 

Hi Mayank,

You just need to enable the find-entry-points agent node property addtional to default node properties. After that apply the load on the application around 15-20 mins.

After that kindly provide us the latet zip of complete DotNetAgent folder located at %ProgramData%\AppDynamics for oreview in the shared SFTP location.

I have already shared the SFTP location details to you in private message. Kindly check in your messages and let us know if you do not find the SFTP location details.

Thanks,

Ashish.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hello,

How did you do service end point rule? We have troubles to get .net application monitored. It is singe page application which is served by RESTService.svc file which routes calls to wcf service.

With regards,

Esko Jaakkola