cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any schema documentation for config.xml?

raghav.s
Creator

We were upgrading our project to .Net 4.6.2 and we came across an issue where we used to get the exception. "Cannot load file or assembly System.Net.Http..." intermittently because the appD profiler was interfering in the order of loading assemblies. The appD team asked us to put the line

<full-no-dependency-mode enabled="true" />
in the <profiler> section as a fix for the issue.

Can someone please explain what this does?

Also is there any documentation for all the XML tags we can put within the config.xml? Like <advanced-performance>, <assembly-whitelist> etc. ?
4 REPLIES 4

Raunak.Mohanty
AppDynamics Team (Retired)
Hi Raghav,

This config is specific to .Net Profiler which helps it identify what modules are loaded in the process. This help detect dynamically loaded assemblies.

Following document talks about more common configuration properties
https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/.NET+Agent+Configuration+Properties

The configurations you are talking about should not be used each and every case and used for optimisations in specific cases and should be applied only after consultation with Support.

Thanks,
Raunak

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Thank you for the answer. I understand that this tag controls the behaviour of the profiler with regards to dynamically loaded assemblies. May I also know what happens when you set <full-no-dependency-mode enabled /> to True and when you set it to false?

Raunak.Mohanty
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi,

Sorry this is what I explained in first two line

full-no-dependency-mode : This config is specific to .Net Profiler which helps it to identify what modules are loaded in the process. This also helps detect dynamically loaded assemblies and how the agent is instrumenting them. This is extremely internal to .Net CLR Profiler implementation

Thanks,

Raunak

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Thank you for the prompt response. If I understand correctly setting it to "True" helps to detect dynamically loaded assemblies and setting it to "False" won't detect them?