cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instrumenting Windows Services

soundarajan
Maker

Hi ,

I've tried to instrument windows services just few minutes back .

So I've instrumented one IIS and two windows services in the app servers and manually assigned a tier for those. Below two are the windows servcies.

1).FSASService.exe

2).FSASAragoResponseListener.exe

CONFIG.XML

I've added the below standalone config manually in XML and restarted the services.

<app-agents>
<IIS>
<applications>
<application path="/" site="FSASRequestCollector">
<tier name="RAISE IT Collector" />
</application>
</applications>
</IIS>
<standalone-applications>
<standalone-application executable="FSASService.exe" command-line="-x">
<tier name="RAISE IT Connector" />
</standalone-application>
<standalone-application executable="FSASAragoResponseListener.exe">
<tier name="RAISE IT Listener" />
</standalone-application>
</standalone-applications>
</app-agents>
</appdynamics-agent>

After few minutes im able to see Node got registered for Window service (FSASAragoResponseListener.exe) in UI , but another one(FSASService.exe) is not reflecting.

But for registered node im not able to see any metric data,

1). could you please advise how can i create POCO entry point for this registered windows services , how should i start with it., what kind of entry points should i start with it?

2). How to get another Window services register?

I'm attaching logs for reference here.

Regards,
Soundarajan

^ Post edited by @Ryan.Paredez to remove log file. Please do not share or attach log files to community posts for security and privacy reasons.

1 REPLY 1

Venu Babu.Thangallapelli
AppDynamics Team

Hi Soundarajan,

Creating the POCO rules for the registered windows service, please refer to the following document link https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/POCO+Entry+Points

For the second issue, please check if the FSASService.exe application takes the following command line "-x" as input. If not then please remove it and then restart the application and check if the tier is getting registered for this application.

Thanks,

Venu.