cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dot Net Agent not loading the tier

Lijesh.Athyalath
Wanderer
Hello All,

I have tried installing .net agent 24x version on my windows machine and used the .net agent configuration wizard to create tier for the default web site under the IIS pool and restarted the IIS/Co-ordinator service

I could see that in the SaaS controller only the machine agent is reporting but I don’t find the app agent in up status and the tier is not visible

Note : Tried re-installing and restarting the services multiple times but it did not make any difference and enabled debug as well but in logs I don’t find any error only the messages of metric registration which is successful

Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Lijesh.Athyalath,

I found this Knowledge Base Article. Can you see if this helps?
https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-deploy-a-NET-Agent/ta-p/41772

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

If your app is running in IIS, and you restarted both the agent and the IIS, it should work.

Here are some questions

1. If you are running a machine agent on the same server, please ensure that in the machine agent controller-info.xml you set dotnet compatibility mode to "true".

2. Ensure to generate some load on the IIS application, it will only register the tiers if there is load on them. Easiest way is to just open the browse option for whichever applications you have deployed and clicking through the app or refreshing the base page a number of times.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Lijesh.Athyalath,

Were you able to read the latest reply your post got? If it helped answer your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button on that reply. 

If it does not answer your question, reply to this post to keep the conversation going. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.