cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centralized config management

Doug.Odegaard
Builder

Hi,

Can anyone speak to the challenge of maintaining configurations across a large number of apps and servers?  I am wondering if anyone has created a tool to maintain a data-driven solution to config management. I have over 800 applications in one SaaS controller instance with apps moving a lot amongst VMS and containers.  Until I get a fully automated solution on their deployments my goal is a centralized repo or database of configs. Thoughts?

My environment is not entirely .NET but thought I'd start here first. 

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Ashish.Singh
AppDynamics Team

Hi Doug,

Currently, for .Net applications, which are instrumented with the .NET msi based agent and use the cofig.xml file, we can use the  Config Management tool in the AppDynamics Controller to upload and manage .NET Agent config.xml files.

It will help to assign configurations to machines where the .NET Agent is running at a time.

You can refer to the below document -

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/Manage+Configuration+for+.NET

Let us know if you ave any question.

Thanks,

Ashish.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Wow I had no idea that existed.  Do you know how long that has been available?  I wonder if our original team knew about this for management.  

Hi Doug,

As per our precious AppDynamics documents, it seems for the Config Management requirement was ".NET Agent 4.1 or later installed on machines where you plan to deploy configuration."

So, it looks like this Config Management for .NET feature was present from .Net Agent version 4.1.X.

For reference, you can refer to the below document [ It is 4.1.x version related document ]

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO41/Manage+Configuration+for+.NET

Please let us know if it helps, or you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Ashish.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.